Etched Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etched Bayonet

I have two etched bayonets and I am looking for information if this was period or post war.
    Bayonet 1.aRjZ91M.jpg

Bayonet 2 double etched.
    LfHJmOO.jpg

Comment

Reverse side.
      EqsjMTK.jpg

Comment

Steve,

Notice the poor borders on the second example, particularly on the top. The first example is supposed to be a Emeric Pack etch and the whole blade has a matte type finish. I don't like either one personally but let's see what some of the etched bayo guys think.

Comment

Steve,
          I agree with Billy in regards to the second blade. It shows missing borders and poor etch execution. Your first blade showing the Pack neutral etch could be original. Better pictures showing the entire blade would greatly help.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

I will take a couple more pictures.

Comment

More pictures, I hope these are better I am not the best at taking pictures.
              Attached Files

Comment

Steve, these pictures are much better, I like the PACK, original, IMO.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

The Pack etch looks ok to me, but the Holler/WKC type double etch does not. It would be good to see better pictures of the double etch because Holler etches themselves can be pretty sloppy.

John
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have let the double etched one go sold it as a post war etched.

Comment

Good move Steve. You were batting .500 here. Your Pack is solid. Your other etch as our resident etchperts stated was a no go. You did the right thing listening to these guys. Well played!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X