No announcement yet.

Numbered NSKK dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like an NSKK dagger from gruppe Nordmark that's got brigade numbering. It's done in a style I've seen previously and is very nice.

Comment

it is a beauty.

Comment

All what is shown looks fine and typically E. Pack production.
        What about the obverse grip: eagle and SA-button?
        Only minor: I would have preferred to see an brown anodized surface under that black paint, in stead of naked metal. There is a high chance that the paint was applied postwar.

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Thanks, no pictures of the other side were supplied unfortunately.

Comment

Nice NSKK dagger It is well known that SA/NSKK daggers from this district (Nordmark) often have been stamped with numbers

Comment

Here’s an ID card of a SA member from the SA group Nordmark. The ID card contains the unique dagger number, which was assigned to the dagger. The dagger then was stamped with this unique number.

6549DE72-4428-4667-A183-E53B666AC86E.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
                Here’s an ID card of a SA member from the SA group Nordmark. The ID card contains the unique dagger number, which was assigned to the dagger. The dagger then was stamped with this unique number.

6549DE72-4428-4667-A183-E53B666AC86E.jpeg
                Now that's rare to find. Great score Ingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                  Now that's rare to find. Great score Ingo.
                  Thanks, Serge Now I need to find the dagger with this particular number

Comment

Here’s another numbered Nordmark SA dagger from a rare maker

63854D4C-DEC9-4DD4-A4B7-DCEF815A9679.jpeg

48457A1F-20EA-46CF-B912-9E3BCB3E824C.jpeg

FDEB3986-9DFF-45A8-A764-EBCB8AAD7D96.jpeg

Comment

Thanks to all! These numbered daggers always add color to a collection IMO as each one is unique to an SA individual. I have several such daggers and also an SA Gruppe Nordmark ausweis with a dolch number entry. They are had to find!

Comment

It's very nice to see that the persons who inscribed/numbered these early pieces were apparently aware of the "Nm" stamp enough to leave it visible on the reverse lower crossguards. Both of the daggers shown in this thread were from the original orders issued to these cutlers -- Pack and Ohliger -- though the owner of the Pack piece chose to paint his scabbard black when the order came down from Adolf Hühnlein at NSKK HQ to do so in May of 1936, while the owner of the Ohliger piece continued to serve in the SA.

Some NSKK members went so far as to color the grips of their daggers black at this time, to match their black scabbards; I have one in my collection.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X