Luftwaffe Gravity Knife Take down version by SMF Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Gravity Knife Take down version by SMF Help Please

I would appreciate any and all opinions on this Luftwaffe Gravity Knife Take down version by SMF. It appears to be an absolutely wonderful example. All expected parts are numbered "991". However, I've just have never seen an example that has the copper strip along the edge held in by the three rivets. I'm also curious about the bluing. It almost looks the quality of a WWII German pistol with the Hi-blue finish.

I can not tell you the exact origin of this knife but I can tell you that it is not a WWII made example. I have never seen a reproduction or fake exactly like it so I suspect it is a custom made one. Some of the parts may be from original knives but many parts in this knife I can say are not WWII era. The general premise of a type II takes down with SMF logo blade is not known as well. The direction mark on the bolster is a different style than used by SMF, those are the most minor of the problems with this one being correct

Comment

Agree, definitely a repro... from stamped SMF logo on blade to oversized LuftAmt on spike.
      Regards,
      Mats

Comment

The copper strip along with a bogus “king logo” and WAY oversized Luftampt Mark (5) screams fake. Run away.

Comment

It´s a good try that fool beginners, still a fake

Andy

Comment

Seen a similar fake for sale in PA. When I seen the wood and blueing just walked away... I’m not sure if the blade was the same as I didn’t check.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X