Diplomatic poetapee???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomatic poetapee???

I bought this Asso dagger years ago with hangers and portepee. Recently I got it out of the safe and noticed the portepee is really small compared to the standard knot. Could it be a diplomatic portepee? Thanks, Dale. Hmmmmm....now where did I put those hangers......
    Attached Files

Army on an Army. When you see a real government official knot, there will be no doubt in your mind.

Comment

Thanks, I guess it must be just a maker variation. The ball and cord is about 1/2 the size of the Heer and Luftwaffe standard size knots I have.

Comment

JR. ....there is still doubt in my mind. I looked all over the web and my knot looks to be the same size as any I've found listed as for Government/Diplomatic.

Comment

Dale, do a side by side with a typical Army knot to contrast the size differential. It's hard to get a sense of a singular knot on a dagger but when a Diplo knot is next to an Army knot, the different in bulb and cords size is very noticeable.

Comment

Thanks Billy, that is a good idea and I was going to take one when I got home but realized that since I sold off most of my daggers I don't even have a normal size portepee anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
              Army on an Army. When you see a real government official knot, there will be no doubt in your mind.
              Well said JR. There is ZERO doubt when put side by side.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X