SS Dagger maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger maker

Can anyone confirm if Sauer & Sohn ever made an SS Dagger , if so would like to see photo of this and its scabbard

Never seen and it's not known as a legit ss-dagger maker!

Comment

no

Comment

I never seen, or heard of a JP Sauer SS dagger.

Comment

Hi guys , thanks for replies, my opinion of the dagger i have seen is that it looks period & i have no doubts it is a period dagger. Without trying to make something out of nothing i ask this question. In your opinions is it possible it could be a prototype from Sauer & John. I ask based on my own thoughts & research on prototype daggers in general terms & not related to any specific maker. Sauer being prolific SA daggers makers along with some others may have got ahead of themselves by producing a very small number of SS daggers with over expectations of being awarded a contract to be one of the SS dagger makers. Invite your thoughts on my post

Comment

If you have seen it then please post some pictures of it so that it can be discussed on its merits

Gary

Comment

Ok , will try to get photos up tomorrow but let me say this. As in above post im not trying to make something out of something that is not. Im not a dealer or on behalf , im a small private collector that collects & does not sell. My small select collection will pass onto my sons in my will , im only interested in providing as much information (as accurate as possibly can be) for those items so the work is done for each item i have that will be passed on. Im not interested in slanging matches between members or members & myself. I just want considerate honest opinions whether they be for or against this item & backed up by some sort of explanation why. Until tomorrow ....

Comment

Not a known maker of SS daggers.

Steve

Comment

You're certainly right that Sauer was "a prolific SA dagger maker;" the Sauer firm rates at #2 on the McSARR list, along with Aesculap, Dick, Haenel and Kober. I guess these cutlers offered some of the best prices at the time!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Validated comments anywhere guys ?

Comment

Fake put together. Bets look at where you are buying...
                      www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

I am NOT repeat NOT saying this one of them: On another forum some years ago there was an individual whose pastime was taking the parts he had accumulated over time and create brand new logos that have never been seen with TR period daggers. Then he posted them on the forum to see if they would gain acceptance. Rejected, he "upped his game" (made Improvements) and was getting better before we was expelled. The blade here looking like a "beater" (poor condition) blade that was also in addition refinished (but not nearly as good as some that I've seen more recently). FP
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X