HJ Knife with Damascus blade and gold inscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Knife with Damascus blade and gold inscription

Hi Guys: Anyone ever seen anything like this? I've seen the Olympic and Party Days knifes that everyone except Wittman says are bad. Anyway, the basics are there. Movement in the diamond, magnetic scabbard, and wear on the grip rivets. Any thoughts on the blade. Inscription from my high school German says " from your father on completing your glider school examination with 1943 date" So of course the money is in the blade. Thats why were are members to give our unbiased opinions. Hopefully the wife doesn't get a fancy potato peeler.
    Attached Files

Unknown pattern for period Damascus (for me). So for that alone I will state 'Not for my collection'.

Comment

IMO scabbard looks original.

Schlange

My collection

https://zbiralci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21196

Comment

Maybe Indian/Pakistani Damascus? What I'm still trying figure out is how one side can look like a broken and repaired blade, and the other side still intact? This is one where a really, really, close look could be helpful. FP
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to those who replied. Keep the opinions coming please. You always learn something or see something you did not notice and that's the purpose of the forum and the reason it has lasted all these years.

Comment

I agree with Serge that the damascus pattern is not one I've ever seen before so a high degree of scrutiny is needed. Offhand, my sense of it is it's newly made.

Assume the scabbard is real but they're easy to find. Let's stick to checking whether the blade is modern or not. How about a better shot of the rieverse rivets?

Comment

Yuk, horrible pattern and probably Indian or Pakistani as already said. For 50 bucks buy it, but I would not want to pay anymore.
              www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

hello
                NO the quality to the third reich period, a fake sure!
                best regards
                patrick

Comment

No way IMO

Comment

fantasy ...

Comment

I am with Serge and Billy G, Not a known or seen pattern of Damascus.

Comment

Okay, a fancy potato peeler it is. I had seen fake etchings on damascus blades before, but I had never seen a raised written dedication. Thanks to all who took the time to respond, this is the reason the forum works and has lasted all these years, its the knowledgeable members willing to share.

Comment

It appears to me that there is also an accidental single letter at the end of the first line of raised gold text. Bad IMHO and the line is a bad thing to see regardless, especially as FP said, it does not show its way on the other side.

Jan

Comment

The extra letter is a "C" for Segelflieger Prüfung C--the highest level of glider pilot license. While the blade is questionable, to say the least, at least the "C" makes sense to be there.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

I observe many problems with this HJ-knife:
                              - From this maker, I only have seen early SA daggers, never any HJ-knife.
                              - Gebruder Berns was not a large producer, they most likely never produced any damast blades.
                              - The "otter" in the makers mark looks like a "lizard".
                              - A large diamond (blurry picture), a small finger guard and probably an alloy grip are very unlikely to be seen with a mottoed blade!

Best regards,

Victorman
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X