No announcement yet.

Naval Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Oleg, no probs M8, I always say everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just put my findings forward and it is up to the individual to accept them or not. The irregular and poor cast parts is what I have a problem with when I see one of these WKC's, they are constantly fit with badly cast pommels or crossguards, I'm wondering if they were period rejects, the grip on the one I owned somehow had the wire held in place between the wooden core and celluloid wrap instead of coming through the wooden core and bent over as normal, perhaps the core was just a tube and not shaped to the segments as normal, I saw this on another where the guy had actually pushed it out of the grip, I see scabbards with completely different leaf bands to WKC's which can also be found on post-war daggers, and I also see other examples of these unmarked un-etched daggers with what are known to be definite post-war grips and scabbards. These problems are seen far too often for these WKC's to have been produced and assembled in the same way their other navy daggers were, and I doubt something like this would be accepted with any other type of dagger, its also to the best of my knowledge not seen with other companies T.R. navy daggers, this is why I cant accept them as period produced. Oleg not long ago you made a post saying a delivery document from Eickhorn to WKC for 100 navy blades is dated October 13th 1945, so five months after the end of the war, perhaps these are those blades with original rejected parts, it was hard times after the war, who knows.

Russ.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X