Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Railway Dagger hangers with gold fittings-was there a rank(s) that wore gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railway Dagger hangers with gold fittings-was there a rank(s) that wore gold?

Hi Guys (and Gals). Any one know if there was a Reichsbahn rank that could have or would have worn dagger hangers with gold fittings? I see that Reichsbahn General rank and high leaders wore gold hat insignia and uniform insignia, but I can't find a reference to gold dagger hanger fittings. Thanks
    Attached Files

It is quite possible the very high ranks at the Bahnschutz involved gilt hardware as accents to their uniforms.

Regatding the hangers you show, they were recently on Eban and sold for $600. A lot of money to pay for a fake set. In fact, that seller has yet to sell a legitimate item yet, from hangers, knots, daggers and parts. All bad.

Comment

Hope you didn't buy these. If so, demand a refund.

Comment

If I ask for a refund I will need a reason and they look good to me. Can someone explain in more detail what is incorrect? And I assumed that there were higher Reichsbahn ranks that might have gold fittings to match gold uniform accents so the gold does not bother me. So where is the smoking gun??

Comment

sorry I am no expert, but look at the hole were the pin come's thought the hangers? rusted? yet the rest of the hangers look stone mint.? red flag. Are the stiff in the hand?

Comment

Simply check the sellers most recent sales and current items. He is now selling a pommel, ferrule and grip for a Water Customs daggdr for $130. When something seems too good to be true. It usually is.

Comment

Thanks guys. I respect your opinions and I have been a member since 2011 myself. And I say this with all respect and thanks to those that take the time to respond. This is why there are Forum Haters-I see it all the time on other sites. Its bad but no real reason-no lack of detail, wrong color, wrong stitching, mine doesn't look that way and I got it from the vet. Its bad because of the sellers other sales-too good to be true-or I'm not an expert but no rust on the prong hole?? Anyway, the purpose of the thread was to ask about gold ranks in the Reichsbahn. Thanks to all.

Comment

Sold. Please remove. Not sold but needs to go to a big show once they start again. Disappointed about the MAX, was always a good start for the Fall collecting season.

Comment

If he gives you any problem with a return show him this thread, some very smart people responded to you that I would trust! Now it will be interesting to hear if he actually lets you return them. Bob
                  www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

If the seller gives you a hard time, mention that the fabric is incorrect and indicative of modern production. This should not be news to him as every single item I've seen for sale over the past 2-3 years has been bad. They may look good to the casual observer but they were all bad.

In the last month alone, he sold a set of Social Welfare hangers (on June 30) for $300 and a set of HJ Leader hangers (on June 17) for $350. Add your set of gilt Bahnschutz hangers to the mix and you've got one knowledgeable seller who's either very generous or very deceitful.

Comment

Seller says send them back if I am unhappy for a quick refund, but asks what I don't like about them. I have been collecting for 50 years, not necessarily daggers and hangers. But been around here and the Europe Shows and they look okay to me. They need to go to a big show with something to compare too. As I said before to all, thanks for taking the time to post a reply, everyone is busy these days. And the main purpose of the thread was not if the hangers are original or not, but if Reichsbahn had high ranks that could possibly have worn gilted fittings. It seems the answer is yes.

Comment

We know there are numerous organizations within the 3R that had silvered hangers and some hangers fitted with gold hangers for the upper echelon. Although I've never observed a gilt set of Bahnschutz hangers, that doesn't convince me they never existed.

I personally don't like to see sellers take advantage of collectors with bad stuff. It's not within the realm of believeability that this seller (like some others) has so many scarce items, all in mint condition, that he sells so cheaply and often. Check the feedback older than a month, there's plenty of bad stuff there to pick through and he knows what he's selling is bad.

Bahnschutz hangers will run $1500 and up, generally. As far as these Eban hangers go, feel free to keep them if they make you happy but I can't see how they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                          We know there are numerous organizations within the 3R that had silvered hangers and some hangers fitted with gold hangers for the upper echelon. Although I've never observed a gilt set of Bahnschutz hangers, that doesn't convince me they never existed.

I personally don't like to see sellers take advantage of collectors with bad stuff. It's not within the realm of believeability that this seller (like some others) has so many scarce items, all in mint condition, that he sells so cheaply and often. Check the feedback older than a month, there's plenty of bad stuff there to pick through and he knows what he's selling is bad.

Bahnschutz hangers will run $1500 and up, generally. As far as these Eban hangers go, feel free to keep them if they make you happy but I can't see how they would.
                          Spot on there Billy.
                          A faker like this E-bay seller sells fakes. That's all he sells.
                          As a good faker they always want to know what someone saw in the details that called it out. They do that so they can improve on the next batch. I wouldn't tell him jack, except please refund.

Comment

At collectors Guild
                            Attached Files

Comment

Similar to the Collectors Guild, my set of Bahnschutz hangers also has a gilt sheen to them but I think that's more a case of the lacquer turning color over time rather than an actual gold wash. Seen this on Army hangers all the time too but we've also seen gilt Army hangers as well.

Regarding Eban seller "tbdevelopment" out of Saint Augustine, Florida, his wares are all bad with varying degrees of quality. Here is a purported grip, pommel and ferrule for a Water Customs dagger. Not perfect but certainly of decent quality. The mint condition and crazy price alone should be enough to scare anyone off.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X