• Show
Clear All

Puma Boot Knife

I would like your opinions. Thanks, Ralph
    Attached Files

+
    Attached Files

Comment

Not much shown but I’ve never seen a guard finished like this one. Maybe ok and I have not seen it all but I would really be looking at every detail on this one

Comment

Bad one for me. The ricasso (part of blade where is stamped logo Puma solingen) is too great/high. And the logo is also badly stamped.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
          Not much shown but I’ve never seen a guard finished like this one. Maybe ok and I have not seen it all but I would really be looking at every detail on this one
          +
          Attached Files

Comment

I’m still where I was with the contour of the guard and I will add that like the other comment posted, I also do not like the Ricasso and marking. I typically see really nice examples of these knives selling for close to $500 and up. I saw a true mint one break $1000. I guess that this is a good incentive to fake a very simple design to copy.

Comment

Ralph,
              Among the other concerns expressed above is the color and texture of the handle. I realize that bakelite varies in its color and composition but these seem a bit off to me.

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thanks for your comments, I've had this knife for 30 plus years, I believe it was like a 30. dollar item, so no big deal.

Comment

I was not aware that any decent fakes of these were being made 30 years ago, I may well have not seen them but I figure more would have surfaced. It would be interesting to go through a lot of posted photos of these and see if any others had the flat edge guards. It may be a good knife and I think that I could tell if I held it. The blade south of the ricasso looks good and so does the sheath. My general believe based on the quality of a wide array of fakes, including edged weapons, is that it may have been made in CZ circa early 1990s, but like I said it merits a careful look

Comment

Hello, i would like your opinions on this scabbard. I've never seen such a variant. It seems, it was with the knife for a very long time. On the last fotos, there is a comparison with a normal Nahkampfmesser scabbard. The Puma-scabbard is about the same wide, but 3mm longer and 1mm thicker. I've seen such bigger scabbards on Puma tool knives, but not a single one with such an additional O-ring. The knife fits and sits nice. Have you encountered such a scabbard before? Could it be original for this knife? Thanks for your help, you all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X