Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity Knife Opinions Please

Hello all,
    Please review. I've had this in my collection for years. Blade is very clean, never sharpened. As far as I can tell it was never issued. There are light runners marks along the blade. When I first got it I found it very hard to retract the blade. It also resulted in minor scratches (added to those that were there before) so I've elected to leave it alone. Advice appreciated as to whether or not I should take it apart or leave that to a new owner. Thanks.

As you know these Type I models can not be disassembled without driving out the tapered bolster pins and IMO the replacement of these is nearly impossible to do without leaving evidence. This is mint or st least minty knife. I would leave it as is for sure as “fixing” it would cost a few hundred dollars and probably reduce the value by half. Unless your the government that is an unsound business practice!
    there are non obtrusive techniques that often work to remedy the problems that you describe but they are difficult to explain by writing out.

Comment

The knife bolster can be slightly opened to remove the blade I use a plastic wedge
      then a better blade can be put in and the bolster closed the nickel can be dressed up Making the nickel pin heads albeit invisible

Comment

Do nothing with this knife or you can destroy it. PM sent

jiri

Comment

There is a service that will repair it for 185. They seem to do a good job from what I have been searching.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X