• Show
Clear All

44 asw riveted

Hi,

A new addition to my collection.

Regards
    Gilles

Gilles,
    Very nice, quality & cond. always pay in the long run.
    PG

Comment

Salut Gilles
      Very nice...!!!
      jwh44

Comment

I have reported the piece since okt 2013, question it was from France or from Baltic area? nice depot condition bayonet riveted of early 44 asw doubble range. Both pieces from same collection probably.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
          I have reported the piece since okt 2013, question it was from France or from Baltic area? nice depot condition bayonet riveted of early 44 asw doubble range. Both pieces from same collection probably.
          The two bayonet are in my collection.

Regards
          Gilles

Comment

Hi,

Regards
            Gilles

Comment

Giles, Congratulations for a pair of good examples of the evolution of blade making in Solingen during wartime. During the TR era the old traditional method of rust bluing of the Imperial era disappeared as did some other things, to be replaced by the black oxide "hot dip" bluing process. German industry also venturing into the phosphate type finishes (sometimes called "Parkerizing") that had wider acceptance elsewhere for military production (as well as some later TR period zinc based daggers). Of course that was limited for a number of reasons not the least of which being that the war ended. FP

Comment

Excellent pair of bayonets! Wish I could find some riveted ones in that condition....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X