Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Dress Bayonet?

Hello all,

I recently picked up what I thought was a 'Pioneer' model dress bayonet. I suppose I should have posted here first for verification before I tried ebay. My main concern is that I have recieved plenty of views, priced it lower than competing listings, but not one watcher vs the other that has 10.

Any help? Perhaps I have it priced too high at $399.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

From what I can see, it looks like a nice Pack with riveted grips. I don't think these items bring crazy money anymore which is why you're not getting any bites at $399. I'd say $300 max, maybe even a bit less, just judging from recent years on Eban.

Comment

hello
      nice pioneer bayonet! and i agree with billy: the good price is max 300!
      best regards
      patrick

Comment

Frog is from Protectorate Boehmen und Maehren, is for combat S84/98 not for dress bayonet.

Comment

Thank you Patrick and Billy.

Andy, I am aware but it came with it, albeit just loosely placed. I'll probably relist without the frog at 300 then.

Sam

Comment

Have the grips been replaced or repaired? I ask as the typical Pack offset spanner bolts are not present on this example. Perhaps I am uninformed and Pack did produce bayonets with this type of rivet pattern? Regardless, I think asking $300 is a stretch for this example considering its condition.

Chet
            Zinc stinks!

Comment

I read somewhere Pack may have used another product due to low demand for this model. I have one with long blade single etched, Pack marked with these rivets.

Comment

I have seen Pack bayonets with the Feuerwehr hilt as well as the Pioneer hilt that had both spanner nuts as well as rivets. The story I read (perhaps here on WAF) was that there wasn't a huge demand for there models and Pack opted to either give their blades to other companies for finishing or to purchase hilts from other manufacturers.

Over the course of my collecting, I've owned plenty of Pack Fire bayonets and had numerous examples of bayonets with spanner nuts, offset rivets as well as centered rivets which appeared period, albeit likely finished by another company. As far as Pioneer hilted bayonets, I only own one Pack which has spanner nuts on its grip, but I have seen rivetef grips.

Comment

Thanks for the added information on the handles and rivets. As for mine, I do not think mine has been replaced.

Comment

Billy G,
                    Thank you for the added information and insight.

Chet
                    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X