Fireman's Sawback Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireman's Sawback Dagger

Reposting my fireman's sawback dagger (it doesn't have a bayonet slot, so I'm calling it a dagger) for your thoughts as to manufacture and value. I wish we could post large, continuous pics in our posts instead of these thumbnails, but I hope that will change. Anyway, the sawback portion was a surprise to some as its teeth, compared to similar daggers, are going in the opposite direction. It is unmarked but one grip panel does have a stress crack. The pommel is magnetic. Let me know what you think, thanks a lot--
    WAF LIFE COACH

Jeezus. Trying to delete the thumbnails and load fullsize pics. Just when I think I got it, the thumbnails remain.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I added a pic of the sawback, any ideas as to why the direction of teeth is different than most examples?
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Possibly (sawback portion) done in a garage work shop. Seen it done before. Billy G would be the guy to ask.

Comment

This dagger, along with a few others, was in a vet's souvenir box for 75 years until his son parted with everything less than a month ago.
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Larger pic of the sawback portion Sawback Teeth.JPG
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

This is a Faschinenmesser, not a dagger !
              https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ght=Lauterjung

Comment

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ght=Lauterjung

Comment

Okay, it's a Faschinenmesser. The sawback teeth on my Faschinenmesser go towards the back while your Faschinenmesser's teeth go towards the front. Do you know why, and does this affect the value? I don't know anything about the Faschinenmesser.
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I have 9 or 10 sawback fire bayonets in my collection currently, down from maybe 15 at one point, with a variety of makers from early mid production and later production periods. None that I've owned have had the teeth pointed back toward the hilt. I don't know that I've ever seen one like this so it's probably a rare thing. That said, I don't know that it would necessarily bring a premium, except to that special someone who wants such a thing.

Comment

I've posted this blade here and on germandaggers.com and it has generated very little interest, so it must not be too appealing. I'm really just looking for info as to what it is.
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X