Whats this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this ?

Hi, I know nothing about edged weapons, so who can tell me what this dagger is for, is it genuine & what sort of value? This is for sale & these are the only pictures available. All your expert help appreciated.

Thanks.....Tony

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony, it is a Heer officers dagger. The item is a fake. The makers mark is incorrect, "Berlin" is often used on fakes as opposed to the correct "Solingen"; note the "fat" looking grip too. The balde has been put in back to front too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Adrian, very interesting about the blade & grip. Not really an edged weapon collector, but maybe I could be tempted with the right piece.......

Cheers.........Tony

Comment

Hi Tony, Heer officers daggers are a good attractive item. They are still reasonable in price I think and it should be possible to buy one for under $500 complete with hangers and knot. There have been a few on the E Stand recently.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks again Ade,was recently offered a 1934 SS dagger from someone who I've bought quite a few good, original medals/badges from, most are vet aquired & brought back here to NZ. Anyway, have alot of pictures of it & I'll need to post them here soon, seller wants NZ$3300, about 1800 Euros, what sort of price should a nice original SS dagger with Scabbard & hanger be worth?

Thanks..Tony

Comment

There are a number of factors to be considered when determining the value of a dagger (condition, early or late period manufacture, etc.) sounds like the seller you mention is in the ballpark, but photos would help.

Fair warning, though, once you buy that first dagger....

Best,
                  Skip

Comment

Hangers are wrong for the dagger shown as well...

Comment

Wow sorry about the bad news..

Comment

Tony,

there's one in the estand right now, just a few usd more, but nice and original!

Comment

Ade

Are the hangers kafe as well.

Comment

Watch those reproduction Hollers. Lots of 'em out there. Especially those 1st mod Lufts.

Comment

Hi Trent, they are not even Army dagger hangers, as Herc1 correctly pointed out. They are Luftwaffe hangers. To be honest I had not even noticed, , as I just saw the dagger was bad and did not give them a second look.

They are fake too, as the metal parts are very new looking and the backing cloth is grey as opposed to blue/grey and the silver braid lacks the blue grey stripes.

I have attatched a pic of a pair of mine to show the difference.

Cheers, Ade.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X