SS dagger(s) opinions . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS dagger(s) opinions . . .

I have three SS daggers for sale in the E-stand, and I am curious about everyone's opinion about each. I personally have never seen an RZM 534 before, but I have had a couple of each of the other RZM makers I have up for sale in the past. What is everyone's opinion on these daggers? I am beginning to have second thoughts about selling them, as I like them so. I'm curious to hear what anybody has to say . . . . especially about the RZM 534.

You can see my post(s) in the E-stand under "Edged Weapons" for "SS daggers for sale".

Thanks for your honesty,

Brad

Difficult to be sure from the photo's, but the scabbard on the first dagger could be a re-paint. The others look to be okay from what I can see in the photos. I'll say again, thought that there's no real substitute for a good, hands-on inspection when buying a dagger.

Good luck,
    Skip

Comment

Skip,

I don't think any of the dagger scabbards are a re-paint. I have them "hands-on", and I would bet on it. My real concern is just how uncommon is an RZM 534? The only other one I have ever seen is on Bill Shea's site currently. I might hang on to this dagger, even in it's current condition, because it seems like a rarely seen "transitional" type dagger by it's construction. The other two have typical later RZM features, but VERY attractive blades - hard to let go as well in the current market availability. What do you think?

Brad

Comment

Good, bad or indifferent, here's the test I use (and probably the reason I can seldom bring myself to sell anything):

Will I ever open the safe and say to myself, "Dammit, I wish I didn't have all these SS daggers!" ?

Hope that helps,
        Skip

Comment

Skip,

Hate to say it, but I think I have actually come to that conclusion! This could just be the start . . . .

Brad

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade
          Good, bad or indifferent, here's the test I use (and probably the reason I can seldom bring myself to sell anything):

Will I ever open the safe and say to myself, "Dammit, I wish I didn't have all these SS daggers!" ?

Hope that helps,
          Skip

Comment

Brad - Just a personal preference of mine, but I like early maker mark and anodized scabbards and those are hard to part with. The only RZM era edged weapon I have still has a tag on it. Just a preference.

On dealer sites one will see many rare RZM models, but they are still on their site is the point. Early ones with no "issues" fly off this site and most dealer sites at double or more RZM models and the price difference between them is growing daily.
            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hi Brad, I think I would follow Skip's advice and hang onto them all. One can never have enough SS daggers

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I also feel the same way about maker vs. RZM, but I still think the RZM pieces have their place in a collectors closet as well. They shouldn't be entirely discounted. I like all SS daggers, some more than others, but still, ALL SS daggers. My interest in selling mine is simply due to a feeling of boredom I get after buying the darn things - I enjoy the chase, but forget the catch! I'm hoping that by selling these daggers I can pass the feeling on to someone else who needs the same feeling every once in a while. Maybe the prices I am asking for are too high, but that doesn't mean that it's the price I am going to take - I like a little "bargaining" as well. The excitement in these daggers is pretty much over for me, I just want to get a fair market value out of them (without losing money), and move on. If you know anyone interested (and maybe just getting started in SS pieces like I was with these), send them my way. I'm really not a bad guy once you get to know me . . . .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X