Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag for SA dagger

Hi Folks,
    I was wondering if anyone can tell if this is genuine or not. I have this on hold but would like to know if it is authentic and how one determines if these are good or bad.

Thanks, Sal

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=109836

About the pic's it's hard to say .I don't know about this .

On all shows here in europe you can buy excellent bags as this in the same condition , but they are all fakes .

Regards.

Comment

While it is difficult to determine originality from photos, I think it's best to assume that any maker-marked bag you buy for $25.00 is a reproduction...the one in question has the same design/artwork as a known reproduction.

Most original bags fetch in the heighborhood of $150.00 US and up.

Skip

Comment

Thanks much guys,

It did seem too good to be original but wanted to make sure. I did not know they went that high for originals! Thanks for that info Skip.

Are there printing differences in the pattern on the originals to the repros? Or is it just a texture "feel" thing?

Best, Sal

Comment

It's definitely a repro.I have two of them.Paid $20.00 each for them.Paul

Comment

The Eickhorn bags I've seen that I believe to be original have a simpler graphic - that of the firm's logo of the vintage appropriate for the dagger (i.e., early, double oval; the 1935-1941, squirrel-holding-sword; or the 1941-1945, over=theshoulder squirrel) and the nomenclature for the dager (i.e., "SA-dolch")

The artwork on the suspect bag closely resembles that on the frontspiece of the
            Eickhorn Kundendeinst sales catalog or the cover of the 75-th aniiversary yearbook, Liesten und Dienen.

Best,
            Skip

Comment

Eickhorn Bag

He's missing most of his tail.This is mine.$20.00, Paul
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Paul27; 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM. Reason: need photo

Comment

hi sal

Last edited by CRAIGGOODWIN; 03-13-2006, 10:30 PM.
                Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
                High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

Craig!can you show the back of it. looks good so far.Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,790 at 04:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X