Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wmw maker

Hi all,

WMW is Max Weyersberg, which is supposed to be a rare maker.
    On the other hand, I have also read they were a parts manufacturer.
    They didn't produce anything, and used other manufacturers parts.

So is this maker worth more than the "average" dagger because of it's rarity or less since it's a "parts" type dagger.

Thanks
    Tony

Max Weyersberg was definitely a manufacturer of some Third Reich daggers, as I have a really nice, early 1933 NSKK dagger with that maker mark.

As for rarity, I would think they were scarce, but susbscribe to the theory that condition is much more of a factor when determining value than the maker. All things being equal, a scarce maker might make the dager worth more to some, but not me

Hope that helps,
    Skip

Comment

When it comes to NPEA daggers, A WMW piece is extremely rare and is worth 4-5 times as much as a Burgsmuller.

Comment

There were many smaller "cottage" makers that purchased parts from larger firms but there smaller firms are still considered manufacturers in their own right. I have a late war RZM SA dagger from Weyersberg. Oddly enough the tang has the initials "CAH" standing for Carl August Hartkopf, another manufacturer.

I snagged a Richard Plümacher Heer dagger many moons ago solely because at the time I had heard it was such scarce maker. I really dig this dagger because it's a rare maker with a cool logo, but as Skip says, the condition will always command a premium and appeal to more if looking to sell. Thankfully it's minty as well.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback.
          Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,408 at 01:59 PM on Today.

Working...
          X