BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help identify this Coppel short sword!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help identify this Coppel short sword!

I just returned from the home of a 9th AAF vet's son. He has a number of great items, but is hesitant to sell...

I took some poor pictures in bad lighting. Here is one of the swords. My first thought was a sales example because the Alexander Coppel in the presentation panel is not what I would expect on a purchased sword.

The blade length is 21 inches. The overall length in the scabbard is 27 inches.

Can someone identify this model, the vintage, and a ballpark on value? I'm not giving up on this grouping, but I had no idea what to offer for this piece.

I apologize for the poor picture quality but appreciate all comments!

William
    Attached Files

Sword overall

Sorry I missed getting the sword point in the frame. I thought I would be able to take it home and take good pics later!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Sword 2

Last one... perhaps once I know the value, the owner will consider parting with it...along with the beautiful kriegsflag, the German album, the pennant with the unit's names (including his father's), etc etc...
      Attached Files

Comment

William,

You picture a very nice Bavarian Police short sword in gold color for the Gendarmerie or possibly the Gemeindepolizei. I have an identical Coppel with this same large etched panel. I believe it is a sword made by the factory for a retail store as a salesman's sample. I have seen three of these swords and they are all identical. A good find that I paid $300 for some years ago. I hope this helps.

George

Comment

William, hey ya! guess the price quoted above may be a ballparkish one. Is the lower fitting secure? and is the leather in reasonable condition not broke or split at the seam you know the drill. Then i would think more like 200$ range. The rest of the group sounds like the sweet spot. No biggie on the pictures it gives a new meaning to "run and shoot" good luck on the rest of the group. Busy summer huh! talk to you soon, Bret

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,524 at 02:02 PM on Today.

Working...
          X