Engraved Hunting Cutlass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engraved Hunting Cutlass

I just picked this up locally, I know the pic is awful but can anyone help in translating the German script? Thanks!

Looks like..
    Dem ? ?
    ?
    die ? ?
    nordfrankreich 1941
    Last edited by wartimecollectables; 07-07-2005, 04:32 AM.

The first word looks like "Dem" instead of "Den". I think the 3rd word on the first line is "Hahn", could it be the guy's name?

Comment

I mean "Dem bloedem Huhn "xxxx -name" die bloeden Huehne, Nordfrankreich 1941 "

To stupid hen xxxx from stupid hens.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
        I mean "Dem bloedem Huhn "xxxx -name" die bloeden Huehne, Nordfrankreich 1941 "

To stupid hen xxxx from stupid hens.
        Really?!?

Comment

For me it looks more like:

Dem blöden Hahn
          signature unreadable
          die blöden Hähne
          Nordfrankreich 1941

To the stupid cock
          signature unreadable
          the stupid cocks
          northern france 1941

Comment

How about some additional pictures of the dagger, is it maker marked at all, anything dated 1941 is quite rare, what I can see of the etch looks quite interesting, there are not many makers that have that man kneeling down sighting his rifle like that. Are the fittings blued, are they magnetic.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Saufaenger kid
              How about some additional pictures of the dagger, is it maker marked at all, anything dated 1941 is quite rare, what I can see of the etch looks quite interesting, there are not many makers that have that man kneeling down sighting his rifle like that. Are the fittings blued, are they magnetic.

Gary
              Hey Gary,
              Wish I could, sold it to a forestry dagger collector at the Atlanta Show this weekend (along with the other daggers from the same vet, thanks guys if your reading this!). The fittings were nickled, it was not maker maker marked. No clue if it was magnetic? Overall very nice with a bit of wear but not much.
              Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,392 at 01:58 PM on Today.

Working...
              X