SS Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger

Would $3000 be in range? This was purchased in 1990 and untouched since.
    Attached Files
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    Would $3000 be in range? This was purchased in 1990 and untouched since.

Sorry but not worth it in my view.

Looks like a parts piece to me.
    From the pix it looks like the scabbard throat lip does not fit flush the the crossguard.
    Blade RZM38, doesn't seem to match a 'I' time period for District stamp.

Wait for other opinons.

-Serge

Comment

Besides the stamped cross guards, I have some concerns about the placement of the eagle.

Comment

Blade is re-tipped, IMO.
        Ralph.

Comment

Cobbled together dandelion picker.

Comment

The RZM code seems to deviate from the center line to the right, and the numbers 0 and 8 are not written according to the original mark, and overall it does not seem to be acid etched.Regards.

Comment

Comes with a good early period hanger though.

Comment

First Thank you All for your input! When I do not have any problem with SS buckles, other SS memorabilia is another concern... When I do not have any problem to accept this is a "parts dagger" due to its provenance, I am still very hesitant to conclude some parts could be a reproduction not obvious for all of you since this was obtained in 1990, not later.
                Could someone provide a price this could sell properly labeled as a parts dagger?
                Thanks in advance
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Agree with others, at minimum parts piece

Comment

There is another example of M7/49 1203/38 SS on page 200 of R. Siegert SS dagger book. The maker was F. Herder . I compared it with the one in question . They both have solid nickel silver guards . Interestingly, the lower guard of the one in the book has SA gau mark !!! vs district I with this questionable dagger .Perhaps, this maker used the left over early period crossguards to make mid- period daggers, The motto etching and font are identical in both of them except that the RZM and SS contract# is off the center with Jean Pierre 's dagger. Due to copyright , I will not post the pics from the book. I just reported exactly what I have just observed so you guys can take a look at it again.
                    I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
                    Regards,
                    Will

Comment

Blade to guard and grip fittings are quite good on this piece and they do come with later, painted scabbards combined with nickel-silver guards.

The main issue here is the re-tipped and highly polished blade, reducing the value considerably. A would estimate its value at 1.5k US$.

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Here are more pictures I took yesterday. For re-tipped, I have to agree. But "parts dagger" is still my main concern...
                        Attached Files
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X