Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How rare are they?

Hi everyone,

After nearly two decades I was able by coincidence to add two more Eickhorn advertising flyers to my collection. So now I have 3 of them. They are pictured in the Kundendienst but I only know that Thomas Johnson has them in his collection and good old Skipper Greenwade. Skipper helped me with part two of my article about Eickhorn Collectibles. So I'm curious; are there other collectors here familiar with these flyers, has someone the complete series? And are they indeed very rare buggers?

Regards, Wim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wim Vangossum; 05-08-2020, 11:55 AM.
    Freedom is not for Free

Wow, rare and very cool documents [emoji106] Congrats and thanks for showing!

Comment

Sorry pictured are the most common...

I have in my pile a complete set with mailing folder to dealer pricing etc..

And over the years have sold many extras of these.
      Matter of fact I have a lot of unpublished Eickhorn (solingen) advertisements.
      There are old heavy hitters out there who know much more about this subject than the people already mentioned..
      If you are doing a article on (Eickhorn advertising) it will be lacking as there is much in private collections that have not been published before or even known to the collecting internet community.
      Some of these pamphlets were VERY common years ago SA ARMY and Air Force. Tom J. was selling them for years.. You did know this??
      Army, Luft and hunting are the toughest to find..
      Its good to know that there are new collectors of this out there....!!!
      Last edited by damasco; 05-08-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

It's not possible to publish and find everything for an article. But I did had the help of Jason Burmeister who had a lot to share.

I do understand that these things were once avaiable but now have dried up on the collector market.
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
          It's not possible to publish and find everything for an article. But I did had the help of Jason Burmeister who had a lot to share.

I do understand that these things were once avaiable but now have dried up on the collector market.
          Yes, some of the series were sold for about 8-10 years before Tom Ran out..

I understand can't know it all and have to rely on people who are in the public eye.
          Old Jason buddy....
          Again good to see others collecting this stuff whether new collector or old this stuff is cool..
          Last edited by damasco; 05-08-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I think many new collectors even don't know these things exist. Just like with the kundendienst which was available in all the old Witty catalogues but now has dried up.

Regards, Wim
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I have in my pile a complete set with mailing folder to dealer pricing etc..

Possible to see a picture of them? You see, I love this kind of stuff.

Regards, Wim
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X