Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Full Rohm by Anton Wingen - Opinions please

Hi guys,

I have run across an SA for sale from Anton Wingen. It has the full Röhm inscription, but I have no experience in detecting a fake. The actual dagger appears to be OK to me, but not sure about the inscriptions. Would welcome any feedback you guys have. If it's the real deal, it's a stunner.

Jan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jancz3rt; 04-22-2020, 02:01 AM. Reason: Mistake of name of Rohm.

Fyi

I received one message so far from a member here stating that the inscription is FAKE and has probably been laser-etched. I believe others likely share the same opinion but I would be interested to hear if others feel differently.
    Last edited by jancz3rt; 04-22-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Even by the pictures shown it can be seen that the inscription is not the same as known originals.

Steve

Comment

An essential tool for the present high end collector is a high power microscope- over 100X is necessary- these are not expensive, they hook unto your computer and you can examine the engraving in high detail. Even the best done acid etchings will show considerable raggedy edge and asymmetry- A laser engraving will have smooth edges and look much nicer and professional, which what you DONT want.

Comment

I would prefer to see the maker mark closer to the guards, used by Anton Wingen Jr for its Rohm SA daggers.
          As shown on the ground Rohm hereunder!

Best regards,

Victorman
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and agree with your observations. This dagger has too many red flags raised about it for me to look any further into potentially purchasing it.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by jancz3rt View Post
              I received one message so far from a member here stating that the inscription is FAKE and has probably been laser-etched. I believe others likely share the same opinion but I would be interested to hear if others feel differently.
              You don't need a microscope to see that this etching is acid done and for sure not by lazer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                You don't need a microscope to see that this etching is acid done and for sure not by lazer!!!
                I agree !

Comment

Agree with krikke, this is definitely not lazer etched, it is acid etched. I would not jump the gun so quickly on this one. Perhaps better pics with different lighting or natural daylight are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post

Yes i agree, zoomed into the inscription & can see its acid etched !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X