Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with AXT U. Hauerfabrik Army Dagger Maker

Hello All,
    Can someone help me with the rarity of the maker in the image? It appears to read Solinger AXT-U. Hauerfabrik. This is the maker on an Army dagger available locally.
    Attached Files

Axt and Hauerfabrik is a very rare army dagger. According to the latest reference "Heeresdolche," they only made one version around the 1935 - 36 time period. If you could post additional photos of the crossguard, grip, pommel, and scabbard, I could further compare the features of yours to the reference. -- Matt

Comment

What a cool maker mark!

Comment

I was going to post these in my original post but it appears Photobucket wants to be paid now. Anyway,... here's 3 more photos.

Hi Tombak,
        I noticed these photos you posted were by a outside photo hosting service. These are no longer allowed. Images must be attached to WAF server, like you did on the first image.
        Here is the tutorial but you already know how it's done.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=30341

Please repost them using WAF photo attachment system.

-Serge
        Last edited by Serge M.; 03-25-2020, 02:20 PM. Reason: Trying to reduce image size

Comment

Oh wow... The images are huge

Thanks for looking into this, Matt! I will get more images posted late this evening or tomorrow.
          Last edited by Tombak; 03-25-2020, 01:45 PM. Reason: Reply Added

Comment

Very rare maker of Army daggers. The dedication seems to mention "old friendship", very cool looking item.

Comment

trying again...
              Attached Files

Comment

A early and personalized Army dagger by a scarce maker.
                Great etched blade dedicated which IMO looks to be period original.

Wait to see what our Army expert members have to say.
                I would buy it if it came with the proper scabbard, or if not probably without it if priced accordingly.

-Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                  A early and personalized Army dagger by a scarce maker.
                  Great etched blade dedicated which IMO looks to be period original.

Wait to see what our Army expert members have to say.
                  I would buy it if it came with the proper scabbard, or if not probably without it if priced accordingly.

-Serge
                  Thanks for the input, Serge! I will be posting more soon.

Comment

Looks great! The crossguard is correct. Your pommel should have 14 leaves. Your scabbard throat should be secured by two dome-headed side screws. Very unique example!

Comment

Almost forget to mention: The "slant" grip (which is desirable) is also the correct grip used by this maker.

Comment

OH WOW!!!! That's a real beauty!! Congrats if you get that! Would love to have that in my collection!
                        Dion

Comment

Impressive & unique.

Comment

I have seen four or five daggers by this maker and they were in remarkably nice condition. Ya, pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post
                              I have seen four or five daggers by this maker and they were in remarkably nice condition. Ya, pretty rare.
                              The condition on this one isn't so good. I think the images are helping it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X