Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RLB dagger for opinions

Hello,
    waiting for additionnal and close up pictures, but for the moment only these ones.
    What do you think about it ?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me.The blades on these are normally in fine condition.Scabbard and grip may have been repainted.

Comment

Looks fine to me. A big indicator of originality on your example is that the maker-mark is on the obverse of the blade. Two makers of RLBs did this: Spitzer and WKC.

Comment

Looks like an original RLB to me. I've seen Spitzer RLB's with the maker mark on the obverse, underneath the swaz before. Often these blades are hand fitted so that they don't fit so well if you try to reverse it. Spitzer made excellent quality RLB daggers and my example also has this gilt coloring, presumably for
                The high copper content of the alloy used.

I own an RLB 2nd model Leader by the rarely seen maker SMF where the logo is also underneath the swaz. As mentioned, WKC also did this sometimes.

Would be good to check the grip emblem because occasionally originals are missing and have been replaced by stickpin emblems. Best to post uncensored pics for a complete evaluation.

Comment

Thanks for your feedbacks.
                  Here is one with swastika.
                  Good one ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks period to me. The only issue is see being condition, blade, missing leather strap hanger and enamel damage of the gropmemblem. Just don't pay too much for it since 2nd model EMs are the most common of the 4 RLB models.

Comment

Spitzer was, IMO, the best manufacturer of the EM RLBs and you will find the TM on both the obverse and reverse of their blades

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X