Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clamshell bayonet for review

Hi all,

Have my eyes on this interesting Weimar period bayonet by Paul weyersberg. The maker marks look correct to me. Can anyone see any red flags ? The blade is 12.4inches and doesn’t appear to have been cut down.

Thanks 😊

Pics

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic

Pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Scabbard

Scabbard
        Attached Files

Comment

Overall, it looks like a nice private purchase Weimar clamshell. I also had a Weyersberg (which was only distributor marked) and the blade was an unusual length too, slightly shorter than normally seen. No issue there.

The only thing that made me look twice were the circles around the reverse rivets. This is something sometimes seen when grip plates are rehilted, but I don't necessarily think that happened here as the obverse rivets look perfectly period IMO, even with a nice patina.

Comment

Thanks Billy really helpful 😀

Comment

Looks like the handle was from one side offered to some chemicals as the nickeling on rivets are not present and the surface is dull as the backside. b.r.Andy

Comment

Hello
                A nice private purchase bayonet.
                No chemical treatment IMO. The right staghorn grip has been ground of to get a smooth surface.
                Alain

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X