Ernest Wagener Dress Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernest Wagener Dress Bayonet

Is this a period modification the badge does not seem to be glued as you can slide a thin piece of paper between the badge and the grip there is slight movement to the badge.
    Attached Files

The fact the emblem has a slight movement and is not jammed or glued into place means it may have a chance. It the only way to definitively know if the emblem is period or to have the hilt x-rated. The bayonet itself looks to possibly predate the 3R

As an aside, most grip emblems I come across on KS98 bayonets are post-1945 modifications.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

I think an uncommon or rare maker mark. Makes it more interesting.

John

Comment

Question is here the handle, it looks like weimar period, when steel material??, the blade is not nickeled which is too interesting, the Wehrmacht emblem is real period post 1935, so it was added later as the bayonet was made probably.

Comment

http://gropius-druecker.de/html/ews.html
            The blade could be made probably by someone others, i assume the handle could be made by this firm as real.

Comment

I did see another one at a arms fair and the badge was identical but I forgot to take note of the manufacturer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X