• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a sword

I was wondering what model is this?
    Thank you
    Attached Files

I believe it’s a Heer lions head saber. WKC was a popular maker. Can’t really comment on the specifics or authenticity but it looks like the good ones I’ve seen.

These are some of the coolest looking edged weapons ever IMO

Comment

Your sword is a HERDER #1017, a desirable, and hard to find sword model. missing from most sword collections.

Comment

They are asking $400 for it so I am guessing good price?

Comment

Hell, yes, it is after the prominent HERDER #1017 but for me very obviously a cast fake. Therefore worthless for any serious collector.

In the pic see deails like hand enhancing of a true HERDER 1017.

Greetings, daggers.
          Attached Files

Comment

Blade is original and scabbard is original. Could it be that it was re-plated? I never saw it so that is why I am asking.
            Attached Files

Comment

Herder swords were the choice of the Desert Fox- Mike

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello rajko84, due to several features I still tend to a cast fake. I also do not like the special distinct color of the brass which is a common hint to modern alloy and modern casting (compare it to my grip!).
                  Imho there is no plaating, just the pure brass.

Due to all details it is only a very small chance that it is an original one EXTREMELY polished. But as said I personally doubt that.
                  The stamp on the blade says nothing, much too easy to fake.

Compare also the details of the eagle.
                  As original HERDER 1017 normally go for 2000, 2500, even 3500$ the 400$ would be a very good price, but for a possible (for me sure) fake...

Greetings, daggers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

There was 3 more swords and army dagger. All different makers, and they are high polish like this one. It came out of the closet of the vet who passed away. Friend of mine got them out. I will see if he still has them and I will post pics.

Comment

Sorry daggers, but I think it's just an over polished original.

Comment

He only had one sword left, I guess vet polished them like crazy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

RD, nice EICKHORN #1734 "Zeiten". Like the HERDER it's been overly polished or possibly plated over, but both original period. congratulations.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Both swords are very desirable and the Hearder is very rare. It took me many years to find one. As noted the color is off on both of them but I would have ripped my pants trying to get my wallet out if I had seen them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X