Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEER dagger for discussion PUMA

Greetings,

Ive had a good number of Heer daggers over years.. Never ran across a Puma.

I got this with some others Ive posted in other threads

Is PUMA a common maker?

thanks
    Attached Files

Puma

Puma Army daggers are not common but can be found. There are 3 variations to the logo, yours being the third variation. First is a small cat no diamond, second is a large cat no diamond, third is a large cat inside a diamond ( yours). This variation rates. 4 on the makers logo scale.

Comment

Here’s my Puma to compare. Looks like you have generic type A fittings where as I have type B. Nice dagger you have.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking Puma, generic fittings as I'd expect to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Polizeidegen View Post
          Puma Army daggers are not common but can be found. There are 3 variations to the logo, yours being the third variation. First is a small cat no diamond, second is a large cat no diamond, third is a large cat inside a diamond ( yours). This variation rates. 4 on the makers logo scale.
          I'm not sure that that is the case? I've seen the puma logo stamped small head with no diamond, then a small head in a diamond and lastly a big head in a diamond!

It would seem that the etched small head in a diamond is the type 1 maker mark. This I'm saying because examples with this trade mark were combined with slantgrips.
          The second is the stamped small head and then they went back to the etched type but the trademark was then made large in a diamond.
          As far as I know, this was the progression of their trade mark.
          Last edited by Dion; 02-29-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dion View Post

It would seem that the etched small head in a diamond is the type 1 maker mark.
            I would agree that the cat with diamond was the earlier mark of Puma.

Comment

My sources

While anything is possible in this hobby and I’m nobody’s Army dagger expert, refer to Wittmann page 93 and also this list that’s I got from someone (?) on logo variations and rarity.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Polizeidegen View Post
                While anything is possible in this hobby and I’m nobody’s Army dagger expert, refer to Wittmann page 93 and also this list that’s I got from someone (?) on logo variations and rarity.
                Page 93 of Wittmann's book is absolutely right! However, he doesnt mention the trade mark with the small Puma head within a diamond. This trade mark was the very 1st type which is NOT pictured on page 93.
                The stamped head was the 2nd type trademark and as I mentioned above, they then went back to the etched trade mark of the Puma head within a diamond, only this time they enlarged the head and diamond. This one was then the 3rd type and last one they used.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X