Bunker Telephone - what model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunker Telephone - what model?

A recent acquisition has me scratching my head. I can’t find this exact type anywhere. Whilst I can find the general design I cannot did this specific one and I’m keen to know more. I haven’t got the correct socket to open it up yet but that’s on its way so I may be able to find some stamps inside.

I’ve spent hours looking online and no nearer. Does anyone have any information about it, please?

37F9DFA0-088D-43EC-A740-09AC08026784.jpeg

AF19453A-C47D-430A-B4F6-3A56CB980969.jpeg

150DAFF7-5406-44A1-8DC7-2CACC1256791.jpeg

Hello

I understand your perplexity

do you have an idea or information about its origin?

because it is an armoured automatic phone, probably for an explosive environment like mine

phones used in bunkers were a local battery so no dial

Regards
    RV12P2000

(Altes Wandtelefon Gruben Bunker Telefon) ?

Comment

Originally posted by rv12p2000 View Post
      Hello

I understand your perplexity

do you have an idea or information about its origin?

because it is an armoured automatic phone, probably for an explosive environment like mine

phones used in bunkers were a local battery so no dial

Regards
      RV12P2000

(Altes Wandtelefon Gruben Bunker Telefon) ?
      Thanks for your reply. Yes, the dial had me scratching my head also, as it did seem unnecessary for the unusual purposes of a bunker phone. And whilst the WaffenAmt stamp is easily faked, this one does look pretty good.

I guess I’ll have more of an idea when I open it up if I find more markings. The bolts look like they haven’t been touched in decades.

Black seems an odd colour to put in a mine which may not have been very well lit And I am afraid no origin information: bought from auction as a “bunker telephone”. If it isn’t then someone has made some effort to make it appear as such with the WaffenAmt stamp and warning sign. But why do it to this phone when it sticks out as unusual because of the dial and second earpiece? Surely you’d just choose a more standard looking model?
      Last edited by banjo-freak; 10-12-2019, 02:36 PM. Reason: More details

Comment

Hello

on the nameplate there is a test indication (prüfg) VII 56 july 1956?

Regards
        RV12P2000

Comment

Originally posted by rv12p2000 View Post
          Hello

on the nameplate there is a test indication (prüfg) VII 56 july 1956?

Regards
          RV12P2000
          Thank you. That rather seals it for me. Unless there was some underground (literally) continuance of the axis powers into the 50s I’d say I need to go and have a word with my local auctioneer.....

Many thanks for your time in looking at these photos, I do appreciate it. This has been another reminder about why I’ve never seriously collected German militaria. 3 auction purchases and two have been fake. The first I could be excused for but here the proof was staring me in the face

Comment

And a quick update: the auction house has accepted your evidence that it is post war and are providing a full refund. Again, my thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X