Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FuG 353 Zd

Hi

I have come across a document that is mentioning a night fighter search devise named as FuG 353 Zd.

It must be in the family af devices that would home on the "Rotterdam" equipment or?

Any one who knows what that is?

Best regards

Funksammler is the man to ask on this I think.

🧐

Glen
    Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

I have not been able to find any equipment with that number, "Zd" makes me suspect that a typo was made and that it should be FuG 350 Zd, a late war Naxos variant.

In any case the FuG 350 numbers are for passive detection receivers, the highest number was assigned to the FuG 351 Korfu.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Hi Funksammler,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you tell the difference between the FuG 350 and the FuG 351, would be interesting

Regards

Comment

The FuG 350 "Naxos" was a wide band receiver (2,5 -3,75 Ghz); it would pick up and display any signal within the frequency range.

The FuG 351 "Korfu" used the same antenna and indicator, but used a tuneable "Korfu" receiver. Its disadvantage was that it constantly needed to be tuned to search the whole bandwidth, so signals could be missed or detected too late. The advantage was that the exact frequency of the signal could be determined and that the "Korfu" receiver was far more sensitive and had a far superior range (up to 300 km instead of the 50 km of the Naxos)

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thanks Funksammler,

Regards,

mig2830

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X