Funkmastkraftwagen (Kfz. 68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funkmastkraftwagen (Kfz. 68)

Hello, Does anybody know what is exactly the function of this vehicle? Of course, is an antenna vehicle, but with which radio equipment was it used and for what purpose? And did this vehicle carry radios inside or only the mast and related material? Thanks in advance.

The Funkmastkraftwagen was used with the Schweren Funktrupps. These would also have two Kfz 72 vehicles, one carrying the transmitter, the other one for the receivers. The Kfz 72 transmitter truck would carry antenna equipment for a smaller antenna so it could operate by itself, but to get the full range out of the equipment it would need the larger antenna carried by the Kfz 68. You can actually see the Kfz 72 it serves in the background of the photograph you posted. The Kfz 68 did not carry any radio equipment as far as I am aware.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thanks Funksammler. Do you know if there is any Kfz68 survivor today?

Comment

Not that I am aware of, although there is a surviving mast trailer for a late war directional beam installation. I don't think there are any Kfz 61 or Kfz 72 survivors either (although a '72 chassis survives in Russia)....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

If you go to 11:00:10 on the film you can see a Mastkraftwagen in action: http://www.archiv-akh.de/filme?utf-8=✓&q=funk#4

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Wow HUGE antenna. Thanks Funksammler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X