Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "Juro" electrical cable?

Hello,

the document that lists the cables of the FuSAn 724/725 "Bernhard" navigation beacon mentions 5 cable types:
    1. NGA ("Normen-Gummi-Ader für feste verlegung in Schutzrohr")
    2. NPA (metallumflochtener "Normen-Panzer-Ader")
    3. NMH ("Normen-Gummischlauchleitung in mittlerer Ausführung, Handgeräteleitung)
    4. R.L.M. Erdkabel

and a 5th one. Unfortunately, the type designator of this cable is handwritten in so-called Sütterlin script. The best that I can make of it is "Juro".

However, Google doesn't come up with anything useful...

Anyone an idea?

If anyone wants to test his reading skills and help, then the document Hellschriber is referring is here:

https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio...nhrd-kabel.pdf

Comment

OK, I figured this one out a while ago and I have since put the following description on this page my website.

It is not "JURO" but "GURO". This is one of the two primary brand names (the other being RAPID) of the Paul Jordan Elektrotechnische Fabrik G.m.b.H. Co. KG in Berlin-Steglitz (later Berlin-Lankwitz-Marienfelde). The GURO products covered weatherproof conduit cable & wire, insulation compounds, and cable installation material (ref. 224). The Paul Jordan company was founded in 1919 as a cable and wire manufacturer. In 2001, Paul Jordan (with its trade names and patents) was acquired by Tyco Electronics Raychem G.m.b.H. (TE). The Raychem company originally made special cables and wire for military and aerospace applications, and invented heat-shrink tubing in 1962. The activities of the Berlin company were transferred to lower-wage countries in Europe in 2018, and the company was closed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X