Fernmelde flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fernmelde flag

I'm very unsure where to look for in the Fernmelde flags.
    would this example be original wartime?
    I have 2, 1 is early Bundeswehr and the other is early NVA, both have different construction than the pictured flag.

Thanks a lot!

best regards Sven

It certainly is not a "standard" F-flag, it is lacking the directional arrows for starters and I have never seen one using leather straps. Also the support tab does look narrower and longer than normal. Are there any markings on the leather tab? Most period flags I have seen are clearly marked on the leather tab.

Without markings and with these strange features I would say it is not a WW2 Wehrmacht flag.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Looks Bundeswehr or BGS - does the F glow in the dark? On my 70ies Bundeswehr one it does - no leather, rather artificial leather, green stuff, like a lot of BW pouches, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by david stone View Post
        Looks Bundeswehr or BGS - does the F glow in the dark? On my 70ies Bundeswehr one it does - no leather, rather artificial leather, green stuff, like a lot of BW pouches, etc.
        Agree with David! BW ... But they also had earlier ones with cotton fabric F no glow effect and leather hanger and leather straps... I have both versions if wanted I can document them on pic next to each other ...

Comment

I got some more pictures of flags, the one with fernsprecher looks ok to me, the rest also post-war.
          What about the F pfeile?

Difficult material!!

Comment

Not sure about the flag with writing on, but the other one incl the Pfeil and pouch is Bundeswehr for sure - maybe you'll find somewhere the "Versorgungsnummer" (VersNr) 8345-12-137-7354

The set is called: „Markierungszeichen, Fernmeldestation“ and is described in HDv 296/11

A good summary can be found here, but written in German language

http://www.wehrmaterial.com/markieru...nmeldestation/

Comment

No problem, german is almost my second language.

Thanx for your input, a lot of flags I see are post war, but they all get sold as originals.
              Like I said, very difficult material.

best regards Sven

Comment

Ready with the Reproduktion....

Comment

What time period is this finger?

Comment

its a Bundeswehr item.... If the Marker was there from day one - it's even after the reunion of BW and NVA - so 90's.....

Comment

Originally posted by F.Knieriemen View Post
                      its a Bundeswehr item.... If the Marker was there from day one - it's even after the reunion of BW and NVA - so 90's.....
                      ?

http://sonnenberg-chemnitz.de/bernhard-escher/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemnitz

Comment

Ok - cool, so the marker is proven to be a fake.... At least in combination with the sign.... Maybe it covers the VersNr (Versorgungsnummer = supply Number)....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X