Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnetlampe in panzers

Hello all,

a slightly obscure query. Panzers carried a magnetlampe, (a portable inspection lamp with a protective wire cage and about 6m of cable), and I was wondering where the lamp was plugged in to for power. If anybody can throw any light on this, it would be appreciated. Excuse the pun.
    PS I am not sure if the lamp was actually magnetic or whether "Magnet" was the type/model or the manufacturers name.

MTIA

Ian

Any cable-powered portable device on Panzers that plugged in used the 12 V battery power. It may have used the Bosch Stecker

Comment

Any cable-powered portable device on Panzers that plugged in used the 12 V battery power. It may have used the Bosch Stecker.
      Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for that Yuri.

Do you know whether the socket part would have been fitted to the battery itself or just connected to it?

Has anybody else seen any evidence of this fitting in any panzer?

Regards,

Ian

Comment

The sockets could be found on several internal surfaces of the Panzer. They were usually connected to a black Bakelite fuse box which was connected to the battery.

Comment

You can see the storage tube for the Magnetlampe in a Panzer III on this link: http://panzer35.ru/forum/22-12025-378014-16-1379350283

It also shows several of the Bosch 12 V sockets, there was one placed near each optical sight for the sight illumination. You also see one on top of the instrument panel.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

I must be blind!

After more than 40 years interest in German AFV's I can honestly say that I have never paid any attention to the sockets or their purpose.

Many thanks,

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian alderman View Post
                I must be blind!

After more than 40 years interest in German AFV's I can honestly say that I have never paid any attention to the sockets or their purpose.

Many thanks,

Ian
                On the Tiger's turret roof, above the traverse wheel;

On the Tiger's circuit panel beside the commander;

Two sockets on top of the Tiger's instrument panel;

David

Comment

Can anyone show any photos of that magnetlampe itself?

Comment

Pictures

Originally posted by Val View Post
                    Can anyone show any photos of that magnetlampe itself?
                    Hello Val,

I asked the same question on another forum. I don't think the pictures posted are wartime, but soon after. They give you an idea of what the wartime lamp would have looked like.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/thread/1408258487/Magnetlampe+in+panzers

regards,

Ian

Comment

Thank you very much, Ian!
                      If anyone has more info, please share, thank you.

Comment

These are war time issue

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X