Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukw.E.e - Emil on the air...

Hello,

as I would like to put my new Ukw.E.e - Emil baby safely on the air I would like to ask for help please.
    According to preview owner this receiver 2 yrs ago fully worked. From that time it was not turned ON but it was stored in dry room with ambient temp so it should be all ok with its parts inside.
    So I will be happy if somebody will be so nice to let me know the pinout of the power socket > which voltage / current on which pin to be connected. I know 12Vdc/1.8A + 130Vdc/25mA but I do not know which pins what and specially I am not familiar how to ground it > +/-12V / +130/-130V ?
    As I would not like to harm my receiver I will several time ask then one time wrongly connect it somthing somewhere...
    Single pictures maybe will say more than several words...

Many thanks for all help,

I.

have a look at the schematic: http://www.radiomuseum.org/forumdata...UKW_E_b_sw.gif

pin 1 : +12V
    pin 2 : earth
    pin 3 : power on switch
    pin 4 : +HV (130V)
    pin 5 : -HV

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Ukw.E.e - Emil on the air...

Hello,

many thanks for help. I did not have till now the schematic. I am going to download it and check it.

I will be also happy for any kind of hits, tips and ideas in term of put "Emil" on the air.

best regards,

I.

Comment

Hi,

I've put about a dozen on the air. You have to replace the three box capacitors. I always restored them by opening them up, taking out the insides and replacing with modern high-power equivalents (to preserve originality). You then should test tube voltage without tubes in it. Test the tubes. If voltage is OK, then put the tubes in without power, then turn it on by supplying full filament first, then giving it gradual anode. Use a signal generator and a high-impedance speaker or original headphones. If the signal is weak or dead or noisy, then you have either a cold solder joint, bad capacitors or resistors. Start with the last block (audio frequency) and test that - move backwards - until you find the problem - then fix it. You then have basic functionality. After that you can start tuning. In the Ukw.E.e you can tune HF, oscillator, mixer, IF , and audio frequency stages. Your resonance curves will not be perfect, but you can squeeze out significant performance from these sets. Just remember, use my ceramic trimmer tuning technique, or you will permanently destroy the trimmers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X