No announcement yet.

Headsets, headsets, headsets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's nice images of the Ffh.39d headphones.

http://auction.military-antiques-sto...tion_id=100215

Regarding the impedance - considering how the cable is connected over the headband, those 54 ohm capsules could be either in series or in parallel so i hope someone is able to clear this out...

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
      Yes, Headsets, headsets, headsets!, my favorite topic today,
      especially impedance.

Ffh39d - what's the total impedance of those headphones, 54 or 108 ohm?
      108 Ohm, so they are in series.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
        108 Ohm, so they are in series.
        Thank you!

Same question regarding Dfh.d. They have also 54 ohm capsules,
        i guess they are then also 108 ohm?

Comment

Something I have never seen before - leather housing and headband for the Dfh.a

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SABA-Panzer-K...810&rmvSB=true

Does anyone have more info on them? Thanks.

Comment

Another interesting type is "100 Ω" overstamped headphone capsules.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=4524141

So far i have seen two of them, both Dfh.a, bmm code.

bmm is Lumophon-Werke Bruckner & Stark.

If anyone got one, i'd love to get the real impedance measurement
            and glimpse inside the capsule.

That 100 ohm is a strange number and deviates from the crowd - from 54 ohm and 2000 ohm capsules that were mainstream.
            Last edited by Val; 07-09-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Abfragegarnitur-42

Hello FS,

What say about Abfragegarnitur-42 that I have in my collection:

p01.jpg

p02.jpg

p03.jpg

Looks like it was a Luftwaffe set because of the following numbers:

Gerat-Nr: 124-32521
              Ln 19013

Was that really a Luftwaffe item or Heer (Army) also used it?

Comment

Indeed a Lufwaffe telephone operator's headset. These existed in a number of variations: with or without switch, with 5-pin telephone plug or with a coaxial "telex" plug. It is listed with the Siemens&Halske F36st "Fernschrank" equipment; these were large exchanges used in main communication hubs, I imagine mainly operated by Luftwaffe-Helferinen.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Hi there,
                  the coaxial plug version was the 42a (LW: Ln 19013-1).
                  The switch itself is Ln 19014.
                  Regs: Csaba
                  Last edited by csmagdo; 11-25-2016, 06:20 AM. Reason: mistyping

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
                    Indeed a Lufwaffe telephone operator's headset...
                    Thank you FS for the explanation re our Abfragegarnitur-42. Will correct my comments to this sample now, yet this Abfragegarnitur in our showbox will keep sitting on the mannequin head of German army soldier (see GA1) being connected just to FF-33, not to any bigger device:

Hope it wouldn't look too ridiculous in the showbox, especially in the Russian collection of Wehrmacht items...

Regarding our sample of Flakgarnitur (GA2) could you please explain why all the codes of different parts of it, start with "L38" characters.

Okay, "L" stands for Luftwaffe. But does the number "38" mean that this Garnitur was accepted by Luftwaffe in 1938?

73 - Valeriy, RA3CC.

Comment

Ln stands for Luftnachrichten, simple L probably for Lufft; then comes a number, 5 or 6 digits, all together Anfordenzeichen.
                      The 38 is not a year, they just reached this number when naming the Flak comm. system's parts.
                      LW named and renamed everything, even what already had 2 names
                      Fpr example, the handset of the FF33 (the HAP33) was renamed in 1940 to Handapparat40a, search the forum for.

Regards: Csaba

Comment

Originally posted by csmagdo View Post
                        ...the handset of the FF33 (the HAP33) was renamed in 1940 to Handapparat40a...
                        Dear Csaba, thanks for your info on L38 part numbers.

Re FF-33 handset, was the HAP33 (or rather Hap33) the official part name of that handset? In my collection, I have Handapparat Hap2, part of Fbg.bf remote control set.

Do you have any document listing such abbreviations that you may share with me, please?

73 - Valeriy, RA3CC.

Comment

HAP33 stands for Handapparat33, the standard handset as part of the FF33.
                          The earpiece capsule of the Hap33 has an impedance of 54Ω (2*27), as usually for telephony, while the one for the Hap2 has 2000Ω, as usual for radio comms:

Today I write to you...

Regards: Csaba

Comment

From another forum one headset i don't remember being covered here so this variety to also include here.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field-...panzer-149480/

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attach...r-bild1896.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X