Old phone help with ID needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old phone help with ID needed

One older man own this phone and would like to know little more about it.

He says that is probably telefunken.Didn't found any marks for this type but some are at the bottom see pic's and 1 circle sign for " Elektro techna ''

which in my opinion is Czechoslovakian model?

And what manufacturing year can be?

Normally the circle with numbers are blocked until the phone is picked up, then is circle working correctly.
    And what kind of value have this type???

Any help would make happy.

thx Peter

DSC_0478.jpg

[ATTACH]2653297[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2653298[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2653328[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi!
        Yes, this set was made in Czechoslovakia by Elektrotechna Přelouč (lic. Telefunken), suppose late 30ths. The same model was produced by Tesla till mid 50ths.

73!
        Last edited by Foxy; 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM. Reason: Mistyping in text

Comment

thx Foxy,

Also the ringing bells inside are from glass or porcelan which is quite interesting and the phone holder is from steel.

Is any sticker or plate is missing there or is like it was???I mean with name Telefunken or so....because the man says it was there something before but when I had in my hands looks like nothing missing there.

thx Peter

Comment

Hi,

I also have one phone like this. It is the Czech W28 model made by Elektrotechna Praha under Siemens license, nothing to do with Telefunkken (however Telefunken is a doughter company of Siemens and AEG). The "Tf" on the plate stands for Tischfernsprecher (it might be Telefon as well, the German W28 phones have Fg.Tist marking). Later on (1931) Siemens has aquired the company, it became a subsidiary in the First Czechoslovakian Republic. A bit more you can read about the aquisition on page 142: http://books.google.hu/books?id=1oXb...techna&f=false
            The model W28 (W stands for Wählscheibe) was introduced in 1928 by Siemens and made by many German (Mix&Genest, TN, ...) and foreign companies under the Siemens license, sometimes modified according to local regulations. Talking about the blocked dialer when thye handset is on the fork, it is one modification like this.
            The German and Austrian models does not have this feature.
            I would guess a production year between 1929-1931. The cables and connector are later replacements.

Comment

Thx csmagdo for perfect infos !!!!

Do you know how much is probably worth?I would like to purchase it.

again thx very much Peter

Comment

Hallo Peter,

it is in pretty good shape, at least the external part. If the internals are ok, there are a good couple of pro's to buy it:
                -metal Vernickelt dial
                -glass Glocken
                -not many pieces made under the Elektrotechna brand

It would be nice to replace the handset with an original looking Stoffkabel (4 Adrig, geflochtene), like this: http://www.ebay.de/itm/neues-Stoffho...item2a3134f1f4

I would definitely give €60 for it, but you can give even more (up to €100) if you want it "ganz".
                The cable towords the network can be replaced as well in case of using it.
                Here are some original wall sockets and plugs: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Walzen-Dose-W...item3385621fce

Grüß: Csaba

Comment

thank you very much, helped a lot!
                  Best wishes
                  Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X