GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Fieldtelephone. Never seen before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Fieldtelephone. Never seen before.

What exactly is this type German Fieldtelephone? It looks exactly like the standard German Feldfernsprecher F33, but inside it has also a dialing disk.

I looked it up in the German Field Line Communication Equipment of WW2, but could not find it.

Does anyone know what kind of type fieldtelephone this is and is this a rarer version?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

More photo's.
    Attached Files

Comment

And last one.
      Attached Files

Comment

I think it is a standard FF33 that has been converted postwar to serve as a test telephone for a telephone company. They removed the battery compartment and inserted the dialling disk. I have seen several variations of these, with wartime surplus FF33's being plentiful it was an expedient way to re-equip the post war telephone services. The toggle switch looks like a typical US design, not typically seen in wartime Germany.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thank you Funksammler for your expert opinion

Comment

Very interesting phone! However, I do believe that it was postwar manufactured from surplus equipment and not converted from original:
            - different type frame with ww2 terminals;
            - handset with waffenamt marking wired to a definitely not a ww2 plug;
            - schematics not printed on interior of the lid?
            Mikki.

Comment

Originally posted by cTapocTa View Post
              Very interesting phone! However, I do believe that it was postwar manufactured from surplus equipment and not converted from original:
              - different type frame with ww2 terminals;
              - handset with waffenamt marking wired to a definitely not a ww2 plug;
              - schematics not printed on interior of the lid?
              Mikki.
              Could also be. The metal frame was definately repainted with crackle finish after the war, but if this was based on a ww2 example or on surplus parts is difficult to judge. The fact that the handset and the terminal board have a waffenamt stamp makes me think it was based on a ww2 manufactured example. The schematic on the inside can easily be removed with thinner, so I think they just polished it off as it doesn't look like the plates were re-revited.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
                Could also be. The metal frame was definately repainted with crackle finish after the war, but if this was based on a ww2 example or on surplus parts is difficult to judge. The fact that the handset and the terminal board have a waffenamt stamp makes me think it was based on a ww2 manufactured example. The schematic on the inside can easily be removed with thinner, so I think they just polished it off as it doesn't look like the plates were re-revited.

regards,

Funksammler

The frame is slightly different from original WW2: the toggle switch could not have been planted in that place without modifying the frame. I bet there are no year markings on this frame.
                Also, I doubt very much they would go through the hassle of polishing off the hard to reach schematics and leaving the "nazi" Wa stamp on the handset.

The more I`m looking at this phone the more it becomes mystery Where is the power supply? Is it supposed to be a combined mini version of Fieldphone and Amts-Zusatz?

Would be interesting to see the interior of the phone.

Mikki.

Comment

hello
                  This phone uses the principle Common-Battery Circuits
                  There's more local battery in it for microphone

see for the princip : http://www.tutorvista.com/content/ph...-circuits.php#

Educational document :

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&...41934586,d.d2k

The schematic drawing is different not original ff33
                  Regards RV12p2000
                  Last edited by rv12p2000; 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X