Reproduction Tonschreiber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Tonschreiber

Ok, so everyone has been talking about reproducing radios, and frankly, i do not have the budget for that and probably could not get any pre orders for that.

However, If you see my post about needing a real tonschreiber, i am trying to reproduce one, i have all of the documents i need and have some engineer friends who can help make heads and other various bits that are beyond my elevated knowledge of tape recorders. I have been reproducing many different things and hope to get a web site together to show some things off, namely i am producing Neumann cmv3 reproductions that are tube and sound good, but they do not use the re084k tubes. And another project i have been working on is the tonschreiber Berta (b) spools. Now i hope that if i can get my hands on a real tonschreiber i can get the opportunity to reproduce some and even sell them, yes they will be working! and Dc bias tube with modern tubes, 6sn7,etc.
    -Chris

Hello Chris, and welcome to the forum.

Much respect to you for undertaking such a task. As we all know, every German WWII radio is a work of art. The Tonschreiber (pick any model) is a thing of beauty and complexity. Eager to follow the progress of your work.

Comment

Yuri, Are you in the USA? I know you have a tonschreiber, i just need to get close enough to see some actual dimensions of rollers and how they were assembled, along with some other various bits.
      -Chris

Comment

Here's my unit. I am in the USA.
        Attached Files

Comment

Some internal complexities:
          Attached Files

Comment

cont.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice machine Yuri, Any chance we could swap emails and private information and maybe chat about it? I have never seen a machine with my own eyes, only a tonschreiber berta spool and some SAJA sj100s i also own a pair of philips el 3505s which are very close to the tonschreiber/magnetophon units, but aren't the real deal.
              -Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X