33 lbs / 15 kg german spy radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33 lbs / 15 kg german spy radio?

What german spy radio could be the prototype for the finnish KYYNEL?

http://users.kymp.net/ilmakilta/kyynel.htm

The only transmitter coming to mind is the Radione RS20.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

None, Germans gave the tubes but copied some design from Kyynel during later war years. First sets were in production early 1940.

I don't catch the idea of thread name "15 kg German spy radio". Complete Kyynel set weights only some kilos, if title refers it.

Comment

Originally posted by Esas View Post
        None, Germans gave the tubes but copied some design from Kyynel during later war years. First sets were in production early 1940.

I don't catch the idea of thread name "15 kg German spy radio". Complete Kyynel set weights only some kilos, if title refers it.
        Esas, different sources suggests, that there was one german spy/patrol radio for KYYNEL prototype, model, or let say, inspired of.

Here's article in your language.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/antero....en/kyynel.html

"Ensimmäiset viritelmät olivat alkeellisia prototyyppejä. Niillä testattiin erilaisia kytkentäratkaisuja. Mallina oli myös eräs eräs saksalainen 15 kg painava agenttiradiolähetin."

This is crude translation.

"The first constructions were primitive prototypes. They were tested in a variety of schematics. On model was also a German agent radio transmitter weighting 15kg."

Speaking of 15kg, i was referring the german transmitter, that is not mentioned anywhere. At that time, transmitters were quite heavy stuff and that 15 kg german radio was at the time one of the lightest and that inspired those who were behind of KYYNEL creation.

Comment

Thanks Val, I didn't remember this line in Antero's great reference. I will ask him and then let the forum know I he can name the set.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X