Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio or telephony trailer.

Hello Gentlemen,
    it's not my main forum but if someone has some info about this.
    It will be great.
    Stéphane from the Kanister website told me that it could be a radio or telephony "trailer".
    Look at the picture.
    Thanks for your attention.

Ve.Kl seems like verlade klasse for railway shipping

Comment

I am really just guessing here but I think it may be part of a horse drawn telephone switchboard. I have seen several versions of this type of cart.

Comment

The tactical sign doesn't look communications to me, if I am not mistaking heavy machine gun or artillery....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
          The tactical sign doesn't look communications to me, if I am not mistaking heavy machine gun or artillery....

regards,

Funksammler
          I'm in the same thinking.
          Tactical sign mean "Stabsbatterie eines Art.Rgts. od. Abt."
          Thanks for all help.

Comment

It appears to be the Limber portion of a horse drawn Field Kitchen, Minus the tung, axel and wheels.

Comment

Mmmh, I am afraid I have to disagree. It looks typical of the basic pattern of the front limber of the whole series of wagons (Field Kitchen, Radio and Cable) which makes it difficult to pin down exactly. But painted on the side is Nf. 1 which stands for Nachtrichtenfahrzeuge 1, a Schwerer Fernssprechwagen 35 or Heavy Field Phone wagon 35. (see Waffen Arsenal Band 153, page 22 and 46)
              As for the tactical marking it does indeed appear to be a Stabsbatterie marking. This would be perfectly in line with a artillery unit. Note that all the elements of a staff battery would carry the same tactical mark from staff cars, radio cars, the messenger motorcycles, etc. Also per Kriegsstärkenachweisung (Heer) (Table of Organization and Equipment, Army) there is a couple of Fernssprechwagens assigned to the staff battery.
              Also it should be noted that the field kitchen is assigned to the Troß or Field Trains with the baggage.
              So I would say it is a limber from a Heavy Telephone Wagon assigned to a Staff Battery for a 75mm field gun unit. Just my opinion.

Comment

In Waffen Arsenal 184 there's this picture of a 'bespannter nachrichtenwagen'.
                Hope this helps...
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X