Field Phone Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Phone Help

I recently aquired a pair of field phones in a large lot and need to know how to remove the crank handle. Both phones were connected via wire and I can only get 1 to ring. The handles are on so tightly and don't want to force them off. I need to check over the insides on the phone that doesn't ring. Maybe clean it up from years of storage to get it to function properly. Any help would be appreciated.

I can also use a source for repro batteries. I've seen them made with a replaceable modern D sized battery.

Hi Ken,

to remove the crank-handle pull them softly off the phone, doing that make a left turn....

Turning right is making power to the induktor, slightly pulling and turning to the left should do it...

Comment

Thanks Francois
      The handle seems to be frozen on the phone body. Is there another method I can try to remove it? I have one phone to work properly. One phone will speak and listen while the other will speak but not hear anything from the other phone. I can hear myself talk but not when the other person transmits. The phone needs to be disassembled so the contacts can be cleaned.

How exactly is the handle fastened to the phone? Is it threaded on or does it afix to an axle? Can anyone supply photos of the handle end and the part where it attaches to the phone?

Comment

Disregard my last.
        I just got the handle off with some work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken B. View Post
          I can hear myself talk but not when the other person transmits. The phone needs to be disassembled so the contacts can be cleaned.
          not contacts, maybe the handset might be bad or the mic/ear elelments could be bad, these are carbon and it could had settled over the years, the best thing to do is to swap handsets aroundor get a good third one.

IM' a ww2 Re-enactor and run the signals unit for our group. I will be at reading airshow next month with all my gear, and im presently checking my 10 phones and switchboards for use.

Comment

Thanks Craig
            I've narrowed it down. I'm pretty sure the mic is bad. So, if anyone has an extra to spare please let me know. I'd like to get them up and running.

This is what I need.

Feel free to send me an email:

goochjr@optonline.net
            Last edited by Ken B.; 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X