This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Communication Equipment Forum

Welcome to the Communication Equipment Forum. This is a place where information is exchanged about both wireless and wired communication equipment used by both the Allies and the Axis powers during the period between 1933 and 1945. Radar and airplane guidance equipment should also be covered on this forum. The collecting community of communication equipment has become quite large, and is growing constantly. This forum is a place where both novice and advanced collectors can gain valuable knowledge which will help them avoid the many pitfalls of this very interesting hobby.

German radio technology in the pre-war and war-time period was a full 20 years ahead of all other countries. Even though quality of materials deteriorated as the war came to a close, the design and and construction of these sets maintained its integrity. What was the key to the superiority of German radio technology of that time? CERAMICS. German engineers of the Hescho Porcellain Fabrik, developed ceramic substrates with stable dielectric properties patented as Calit / Calan. The Lorenz Company introduced magnezium-aluminum die-cast techniques for chassis construction, which considerably improved the specifications of their new products. Hans Vogt invented low-loss iron dust-core materials. Construction became modular and sectional. The standard 19 inch rack was invented and used for the first time. The Köln E52 series of receivers were constructed with modules that plugged into a "motherboard". These and other amazing inventions were created by Germany during this period.

A note for folks researching market prices for their items. As the purpose of this forum is to expand our knowledge of the subject, seeking market prices does not contribute to this. Feel free to contact any of the long-standing members of the forum privately for their opinion on prices. You may or may not get an answer.
    Last edited by Yuri D.; 09-04-2013, 01:25 AM.

Great idea for the forum and the right guy in charge

Comment

Great to see this new subforum !
      It will be very interesting

Comment

Hello

Hello,

I am also very happy with this new forum.

All the best

tom
        Last edited by Beobachter; 11-12-2006, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Tom,

It's great to have you here. We are all here to learn.

Yuri

Comment

Great idea and a great forum, Yuri!!! Don't have much to write here, but will read with a great interest!
            The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Theodor,

Great to have you here. You have always paid attention to communications threads before. This forum will open another world to the members of this site.

Yuri

Comment

I am happy for find this great forum.
                In 1964 year, i had an Lorenz 15 watt PP station from radio klub , and next year i muss or buy,for an incredibly price,or back to radio club, and there ,more than much german radios.....in peises.
                In next time, i collected only Wehrmachtgeraete....

Comment

Welcome to our forum!!!

Yuri

Please visit my site at http://www.battlefrequencies.com

Comment

Looking for german Umformers

Hi Guys

I just got on this forum page, I too have interest in german radio sets, Im currently trying to get a 15ws sender parts needed to get it working, any one have any umformers forsale like U10, U15, U20, U30,need power supply for the receiver , also trying to locate the 9 pin connector plug for the set,front cover also. Fred

Comment

Originally posted by RADIOBUNKER View Post
                      Hi Guys

I just got on this forum page, I too have interest in german radio sets, Im currently trying to get a 15ws sender parts needed to get it working, any one have any umformers forsale like U10, U15, U20, U30,need power supply for the receiver , also trying to locate the 9 pin connector plug for the set,front cover also. Fred
                      Welcome to the subforum and the WAF, Fred!

Jan.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        I`m new here. It`s a great and unigue forum. Look forward to learn more about this hobby.
                        Mikki.

Comment

Originally posted by cTapocTa View Post
                          Hi everyone,
                          I`m new here. It`s a great and unigue forum. Look forward to learn more about this hobby.
                          Mikki.
                          Welcome to the subforum and the WAF, cTapocTa!

Jan.

Comment

Hi everybody,

i am new to this forum. It looks as this forum is much more lively than any other WWII gear forum over here in Germany (if there is one.....)
                            Looking forward to exchange interesting things about the radios !

Regards from Germany

Joachim

Comment

neebie at board

hello gentlemen's

i'm new , i living in france................sorry

i'm reenactor in ww2 on the axis side.
                              and with a friend,we try to scratch-built a Torn.Fu.d2 for equiped my group.
                              the groupe present a german kompanie stab with the services (not first front line soldiers)
                              the original is too expensive.

thanks you all
                              charly

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X