Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Würfelschlüsselzettel message form

Hello all,

I am thinking of purchasing this message form (see attached). At the top, it is headed "Würfelschlüsselzettel" and has the grid and structure seen on similar message forms. The owner has four, which are enclosed within a folder (also see attached) with "Kriegsmarine" on the front.

He says that the forms appear to have been repurposed as scrap paper for an application to the Bundeswehr since they detail the original owner's service history during WWII. The seller also notes that these were from his grandfather's estate, who was the commander of a minesweeper during the war, though with everything one must take this with a pinch of salt.

Would anybody know what this type of form was used for?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Würfelschlüsselzettel

I don't know the "Würfelschlüsselzettel" but with better pictures we could probably read on it what it made for. But ist has nothing to do with the folder with "Kriegsmarine" on the front. Both documents were put together and the explanation both were scrap paper sounds very acceptable, this was done everywhere after the war, for instance by my city administration in Bruges in Belgium!

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
      I don't know the "Würfelschlüsselzettel" but with better pictures we could probably read on it what it made for. But ist has nothing to do with the folder with "Kriegsmarine" on the front. Both documents were put together and the explanation both were scrap paper sounds very acceptable, this was done everywhere after the war, for instance by my city administration in Bruges in Belgium!
      Here are some better photos of the text on the message forms.
      Attached Files

Comment

found this: http://kryptografie.de/kryptografie/...ltentausch.htm

Comment

It is probably a form for the R.H.V. or "Reservehandverfahren" manual cypher, you can read more about it here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservehandverfahren

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thank you so much Funksammler and glaser for that information.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X