Umformersatz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umformersatz

I acquired a SEU a1 power converter and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice please on how to check that it is working. I have to say I am not very good with electronics, so would have to be an idiots guide.

I would also like to find the correct plug fittings for the base, so that in the future I can use it to power a Fusprech. f, if I can find one along with the correct speaker. This would be for a setup in an SdKfz 251 Ausf D.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

The unit has obviously been tempered with, so it is clear it has problems. It may be able to run, but for sure the electronic noise suppression will not be as it should be so it will be unsuitable to power a radio without some work. As you can see on the date plate the unit supplies 300V which is a dangerous voltage, so I would advice you not to play with it when you are not sure what you are doing.

As for the missing sockets, I am afraid that these will be nearly impossible to find separately, your best bet is to find a more complete case or unit and restore one unit from the two.

regards,

Funksammler
    FunksammlerMilitaria.com

Comment

Thank you for the reply and advice.

Will keep a look out for another, better condition one.

Comment

Have managed to find another which looks to be complete and in much better condition. It is in 'As found condition'.

Would still like to know if it works OK, but as I am not very good with electrics will not play with it. When the current health crisis is over I will see if a friend can have a look at it, he is very good with electronics.

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (15).jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

Comment

That one looks much more promising, it should not be difficult to make it run. If the capacitors are still good is another matter but you might be lucky as the patina on the collectors doesn't look too bad (the HV side looks a bit darker so you may have some sparking there...). You need a car battery to supply the 12V to the two prong plug. Somebody has already marked up +12V so you can check the correct polarity. To start the unit you have to connect 1 and 3 on the five prong plug. Unloaded, it should generate 330+ V between 4 and 5 on the five prong plug. If the voltage is significantly lower than that, give the collectors a good clean (use some contact spray and FFF emery cloth and some cotton buds to dry); if that doesn't help the capacitors need to be checked.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Funksammler, thank you very much for the reply and the advice. Will speak to my friend when we are out of lock down to see if he can help.

I have another question if it is OK. Is the cable in the attached pictures the correct one to connect the umformer to a Funksprechgerat a.

Best regards
            Attached Files

Comment

The cable should do, it does look put together so it needs to be checked to make sure it is connected properly (contact 1 to contact 1 etc.).

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X