Polizei M43 cap for opinions/assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei M43 cap for opinions/assistance

I've spied, what looks to me, to be an awesome example of an Officers M43 cap.

But, given that I've only dabbled in this sort of cap once before, and been burned, my expertise doesn't count for much

So, learned chums. Please cast your eyes on this piece of headwear and let me know what you think.

Many thanks

Jamie
    Attached Files

This cap screams FAKE to me.

Comment

OK, could you give some reasons why. Thanks

Comment

Edelweiss is post war..have never seen that style insignia made for officers..it’s not made on police material to match police color..certainly off center when mounted...Billbert

Comment

Hey Billbert

Many thanks for the comments.

I've been through the books and searched the web as the insignia was one of the main worries.

I'll let this one slide. Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie7d7 View Post
            Hey Billbert

Many thanks for the comments.

I've been through the books and searched the web as the insignia was one of the main worries.

I'll let this one slide. Cheers

J
            Also Jamie I'm pretty sure that's a fictitious maker mark and the liner material isn't what I would expect to see on a original cap
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
              Also Jamie I'm pretty sure that's a fictitious maker mark and the liner material isn't what I would expect to see on a original cap
              You see that material in the sleeve lining of overcoats. The insignia is almost in the fantasy category. A machine sewn officer's insignia yet piping added to the crown (as you would find on an upgraded enlisted cap, an afterthought?). Anyway, not for me.

Comment

Good morning all

My thanks and appreciation to you for your assistance. I may have been worrying about the insignia but you've shown me that there is much more wrong with the cap.

Cheers

Jamie

Comment

Its fake.

He always makes them with that lining, ive seen a few.

I think this is some amateurish guy as he dont even bother to cut the wool correct , take look a the peak, the others ive seen were just like that too.

Comment

Just some friendly advice, Jamie go spend some money on good head gear books, and look at the construction of each cap, then go to some of the pinned threads hear on the fourms It takes years to build up a good working knowledge of head gear, but with patience, and hard study you won't go wrong, and the gents here will always be on hand to help. Good hunting... Regards Paul.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X