Thé RAREST army visor: Leather smoke troops schirmmütze 'Nebeltruppe'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thé RAREST army visor: Leather smoke troops schirmmütze 'Nebeltruppe'

Here is my best buy from the Kassel show two weeks ago.

One of a kind... a leather constructed visor cap for 'Nebeltruppe' (Smoke/Gas troops). The reason I know why this is a visor for Nebeltruppe is because I have found a picture in 'Die Wehrmacht' nr. 5 from 1939 which discribes this on the front page and shows an action photo inside! Unfortunaly I did not locate an Original copy of the magzine yet but I took the scans of the web.

I have never seen, own or held one before, but as the title of this thread discribes it must be 'Thé rarest' army visor out there. Enjoy the pictures.

(Ofcourse it is also a very nice hat to enter a gay club )
    Attached Files
    http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Cool hat! I like it and never know such existed although there are similar featured in the Saris headgear series. Congrats on snagging such a rare piece.

Robt.

Comment

As a fellow Nebel collector all I have to say is;

Whoo hooo, spectacular example !! Good for you !!

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
        Cool hat! I like it and never know such existed although there are similar featured in the Saris headgear series. Congrats on snagging such a rare piece. Robt.
        Yes, they were used by drivers from the Stahlhelm-organization. Not officially authorized, but they were.
        A cap, as used by Hans Schulz from the Reichskraftfahrstaffel, was shown. The visor had a metal brim.

By the way: the photo from the magazine from 1939 shows a cap with insignia as used in about 1934.
        Maybe someone adapted such leather cap, according the photo from the magazine, who knows?
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 12-12-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Great find!!, never seen before. Thanks for sharing!!

Mike

Comment

A small difference can be seen in this cap compared with the magazine cover photo. The cover photo cap has leather "piping" around the crown and along the cap band, whereas this one does not. Chin straps also are different. Would there be any markings inside an issue cap one has to expect?

Comment

I particularly like the ersatz material (cardboard) visor....a throwback to the early period leading into 3rd Reich era and reflective of that period albeit shortlived.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                Yes, they were used by drivers from the Stahlhelm-organization. Not officially authorized, but they were.
                A cap, as used by Hans Schulz from the Reichskraftfahrstaffel, was shown. The visor had a metal brim.

By the way: the photo from the magazine from 1939 shows a cap with insignia as used in about 1934.
                Maybe someone adapted such leather cap, according the photo from the magazine, who knows?
                Seems very true...I actually wondered, briefly, if the wreath was actually embroidered on the cap band but in assessing the magazine photo think that it is a touched up one, only a thought though.

Robt.

Comment

The cap shown in this thread is not the same pattern than the one of the front cover of the magazine.
                  It differs in many points, wich is obvious having the magazine in hands and comparing details.

derka

Comment

For details comparizon, big size pics :

derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X