X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recon m 38

new pickup
    Attached Files

Fotos are hard to judge..but soutache looks a lil thicker than standard...size only marked enlisted caps more often than not brew trouble...I hope I am wrong..Billbert

Comment

recon m38

yes. i agree. i'll see when i have it in hand. appreciate your input.

Comment

Use the search function in cloth headgear and type in soutache..should give you some perspective...Billbert

Comment

soutache

i get nothing in a search for 'soutache'. just educate me please.

thx

tc

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
            ...trouble...I hope I am wrong..Billbert
            IMHO you are not Billy.

B. N. Singer

Comment

re: recon m38

OK. My bad. I should have done more research on my own but it was a snap decision b/c I didn't want to miss it. The seller actually has several other M38s on his website. That, and the price, should have tipped me off. I'll post detailed photos of it when it arrives. Thanks for input.

tc

Comment

Thats an M34 cap and it may be OK.... there looks to be a makers stamp by center crown seam. Soutache looks 4mm and may be alright too.

Robt.

Comment

m34 recon

yes. i had grabbed my old reference by Brian Davis from the 70s. I have gotten some good feedback from knowledgable headgear guys. Appreciate everyone's comments.

Comment

Faded maker marks would be a very good sign..the side shot of cap makes the soutache more to correct scale..fingers crossed Billbert

Comment

Why have you started two threads about the same cap ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1026173

However, this time you have shown the grommets. Are the grommets made from zinc or aluminum ? Hard to tell from the blurry, poor quality image but the answer to that question will tell you a lot.

Also there does not appear to be a makers stamp only a size stamp. In the other thread, what looks to be a possible makers stamp could be the lines of the weave of the lining cloth. If I am correct and there is no makers stamp then that is a concern especially combined with aluminum grommets.

Also the eagle looks to be sewn the way Greiling (Felina) applied the eagles to their caps. Do a search on Greiling/ Felina and you will find out more about this maker both wartime and post-war.

Better photos are needed to be able to say more,

Chris
                      Last edited by 90th Light; 12-14-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

recon m34

yes. i was unintentional. thx for info

Comment

Echo can you please post in focus pictures of the size stamp and the cap laying flat like this example
                          Attached Files
                          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

m34 pics

best i can do w/o a camera.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X