NSKK oder FAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK oder FAD?

IMO, this is an unissued FAD (precursor to the RAD) Officer visor with NSKK insignia added postwar (note chinstrap buttons).
    Thoughts?:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    IMO, this is an unissued FAD (precursor to the RAD) Officer visor with NSKK insignia added postwar (note chinstrap buttons).
    Thoughts?:
    Would these labor organizations (FAD, RAD etc.) fall under the direction of the RZM?

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
      Would these labor organizations (FAD, RAD etc.) fall under the direction of the RZM?
      No, the RZM had nothing to do with them. Nor FAD, neither RAD!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
        No, the RZM had nothing to do with them. Nor FAD, neither RAD!
        Yes, I think the RZM tag strongly suggests the cap in question is NSKK.

Comment

IMO, too early for an NSKK visor--that is an early tag--it has to be from another organisation--just trying to figure out which.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

It seems to me there should be piping at the lower edge of the cap band and the exposed line of stitching there gives the cap an unfinished look.

Comment

Bhooo?????????

Comment

I'm not quite sure what solo's last post is all about but what an interesting hat Stonemint has posted.
                I can't imagine anyone faking NSKK chin strap buttons so it would certainly lean towards being for that organisation (unless of course they took them off an NSKK field cap). Everything about the construction strikes one as being correct.
                The date of the RZM tag points to an early version of something, although an early tag in a later cap seemed to accepted by many in the recently posted SA Marine cap.
                The lack of a bottom piping doesn't bother me, look at any coastal artillery cap for example.

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
                  The date of the RZM tag points to an early version of something, although an early tag in a later cap seemed to accepted by many in the recently posted SA Marine cap
                  Here I do agree! Maybe they used an old tag when manufactured.

Comment

Typically an NSKK officers visor was piped in silver. This example cold be an upgraded enlisted model or possibly the earlier officer's visor was piped in brown.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X