Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS General's Schirmmütze?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get everyone's opinions on this cap. I am really a novice at identifying items and I can't seem to find all the information I need from googling...

Here's all that I know about it from what I can see and what I've been told:

- it seems to have aluminium type piping around the top of the cap and around the top and bottom of the black band
    - the black band feels something like velvet
    - the insignia looks to be made of something coppery
    - the buttons holding the cap cords are made of the same coppery metal
    - the totenkopf is broken, the bones seemed to have snapped from the left of the skull
    - the hat itself has a few 'injuries', it has a hole just left of the totenkopf which goes all the way through the hard material underneath and emerges on the inside of the hat. It also has a full thickness hole at the top.
    - the sweatband feels to be leather, it is a blueish grey colour
    - the inside of the sweatband has cork behind it on the front section of the cap
    - the inside of the hat feels like silk, the sides are a dark blue and the section with the manufacturer's logo is dark grey or possibly once a shade of greyish blue
    - the maker appears to be a manufacturer called 'Das Zeichen fur Wertarbeit MWS (1877)'. I found one other reference to this maker at a post here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=981320
    - apparently this cap was found in the Alsace region

From what I've read, the aluminium piping indicates that it is a General's hat, or that it belonged to someone on the personal staff of the RFSS. I don't know what the insignia are made of and why they are not silver, and I really would like to know more about this manufacturer. I've seen a couple of other General's caps online and most have beige silk lining with a brown sweatband on the inside, however this one has grey silk and a blue sweatband.

Can anyone shed any light on this mysterious cap?
    Attached Files

Fake insignia for starters

Ian

Comment

Poopy.

Comment

The cap you have is a post-war reproduction as are the insignia.

Comment

Hallo EH3R

As you can see from this link ...

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ht=das+zeichen

... this logo is surely postwar.

For the rest, I agree with the others:

a false forgery using a post-war base

For mere curiosity, obviously if you want to say it, what is the price that the seller requires?

Best regards

Comment

Not original.

Comment

Horrible effort at artificial aging. Would love to hear the story behind the cap.

Don

Comment

Suitable for a Zombie only and even a Zombie's Schirmmütze is in a better state.

Comment

fake all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
                    Suitable for a Zombie only and even a Zombie's Schirmmütze is in a better state.

In fact, it cannot be denied that Oberst Herzog wears the uniform (even in his postwar zombie condition) with great attention. Please note that he also wears gloves, as prescribed. Obsessive Germanic precision for details ...

Best regards

Comment

All bad in my opinion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X